Canadian artists

JustTom

This is my first post here but i like what you guys have got going on here.

So as a proud Canadian, i thought i should introduce you all to some of the best acts the world may have never heard.

The Marble Index

Sounds like: The Who mixed with The Vines

Suggested song: I Believe

Tidbits:

These guys are just on their way to the UK where their first album has just been signed for release. If you get the chance to see them in concert, go! I've seen them 3 times and every time it just keeps getting better. Tons of energy.

The Waking Eyes

Sounds Like: AC/DC meets The Yardbirds

Suggested Song: anything at all, the whole album is fantastic.

Tidbits:

Saw these guys live as well. One of the best shows i've ever seen. The boys are sort of on hiatus for now as they work on some new material, but definately worth a listen

Hayden

Sounds like: Leonard Cohen meets the dark side of Dave Matthews

Song Suggestion: Girl Of My Dreams

I don't really know a ton about Hayden, i just know he's a fantastic musician and a fabulous guy.

Elliott Brood

Sounds like: classic country meets metal

Suggested song: "Second Son", or "Oh, Alberta"

Tidbit: Elliott Brood is actually a band name, and is comprised of three guys from Toronto. The band is comprised of a banjo player, acoustic guitar, and small drum set. Don't rule it out yet. They all play their instruments like rock stars, not country artists, sort of like punk-country? But very very original and very very good.

That is all for now, let me know what you think or if you have any follow-up questions.

Peace.

Welcome Tom! I won't call you JustTom because that sounds like you aren't special, and I know you are. :grin:

Thanks for the heads up on the bands. Most of us like to learn about new (to us) music. I like your descriptions and am looking forward to checking the songs out.

I hope you like it here and stick around for a while. We won't bite...much. :grin: