Nissi

awworrell

A new upcoming star is Nissi.They played at Jubaliee Cityfest in montgomery alabama and are from nashville tennessee.

She plays a mixture of rock/pop and describes herself as a Mechelle Branch meets john mayer. She has one site which is www.myspace.com/nissi or you can visit www.nissimusic.com both of these play her music on her site or at least some of it. Through myspace you can purchase music via a link to another site which is located in her blog. On a side note I just want to say I went to the concert at jubaliee and throughtly enjoyed it then she held two in my hometown of selma one of which I was fortunate enought to meet her and her drummer. They both are awesome to talk to and their music is spectacular. All of her music is her personal work. So check it out and please pass it on. The following is a quote from her myspace site.

"Last year Nissi played before acts such as Howie Day, Jamie Cullum, Hanson, Blues Travelers and did shows with Jessica Simpson & Ryan Cabrera in cities from D.C. to Kansas City.

This year there are shows with Howie Day, The Wall Flowers, Tyler Hilton, Avril Lavigne, and more! but we need your help! Tell your friends to tell their friends about NiSSi and her music. That is what makes every city and show THE BEST

"

I'm listening to "Vacation", and it's quite nice.

"I'm not easy" is quite pretty.

"Long day" - a fuzzy navel keeps me warm? Lesbians, Jesus, whores, Memphis....she whines too much in this one. It sounds like she was going for a Sheryl Crow/Alanis Morissette sound and it doesn't quite work with her voice.

Nothing standout or unique though, I'd say the best was "I'm not easy".

She sounds like Michelle Branch/Natalie Imbruglia/Kelly Clarkson. Not that it's bad, but not that original. Light poppy tunes, simple, slightly cliched lyrics, easy-going, definitely not rock.