Magpie - Stephen Fretwell

Earth-Angel

Quick question because I couldn't find anything on google based on the info I had and I didn't pay attention to the ad on telly...

There's an album out by a young male songwriter turned singer, he's received rave reviews by popular new bands and artists like Snow Patrol, Athlete, KT Tunstell etc.

His voice is very mellow and easy-going, guitar-based melodies, pop-rockish ballad sounding music.

If anyone has seen the ad, it's him singing and on-screen are handwritten notes by the bands I mentioned lauding him.

Friedland, Freeland, Freilan, Freelin - something like that was his surname...I think!

Anyone? :help:

That's the one I saw Mairi! Stephen Freeland? Frieland...I'm going to google quick...

Brute Force started (then still as Stephen Friedland) as a song writer in New York, before becoming a member of the Tokens (The Lion Sleeps Tonight). In the second half of the 60?s he went solo and released an album Confections Of Love in 1967. In 1969 he made the single King Of Fuh on the Apple label with the help of George Harrison (1969).

Maybe it is him?

Talk about only showing an ad once a month...

The artist is Stephen Fretwell and his new album is called Magpie!