King Harvest

Nicole19111

My mother and her 5 siblings grew up in the sixties and seventies in Cambridge, Massachusetts. They lived in a triple decker house, and Sherman Kelly lived on the floor above them with his girlfriend, Charlotte. King Harvest would practice "Dancing in the Moonlight" day and night, and my aunt recalls having to fall asleep to the song being played live by the band above her bedroom, each and every night. Sherman and Charlotte invited Lisa(my aunt), who must have been maybe 5 years old, to plant tomatoes in their apartment one day, and she said that they were two really cool hippies with an apartment that reeked of pot.

They last heard that Sherman hanged himself, but they didn't know if it was true. Does anyone know?

Thanks!

Nicole

• 4 weeks later...

Nicole,

Sherman Kelly is my cousin and I am pretty sure he has not committed suicide last time I checked. He is now a psychologist working in the Boston area and living out in the countryside. Decades ago, his younger brother, Wells, (then drummer for Meatloaf) died after a concert from a an overdose of some kind. Hope this helps...