Quiz October 2009

Shawn from Georgetown, OH is this month's quiz winner and will receive a cool and comfortable

SongFacts t-shirt. :coolio:

Here are the answers:

1. What TV series (not a talk show) did Elton John, Alice Cooper, Johnny Cash, Linda Ronstadt, Paul Simon, and Gladys Knight all appear on?

The Muppet Show (The show ran from 1976-1981)

2. What hit song by a popular group contains the first names of one of the band members and his wife in either the title or the lyrics?

"The Ballad of John and Yoko" by The Beatles (John and Yoko names contained in the song title)

"Creeque Alley" by The Mamas & The Papas (John and Michelle names contained in the song lyrics)

3. What guy/girl duo had a U.S. single that was a Top-20 hit on the Hot 100 chart and a #1 hit on the Hot Country Songs chart in 2008?

Sugarland

"All I Want To Do" peaked at #18 on the Hot 100 chart and #1 on the Hot Country Songs chart.

4. What famous British Rock Star (not Eric Clapton) had a Texas Blues musician play guitar on one of his '80s hits?

David Bowie - Stevie Ray Vaughan played on "Let's Dance"

5. What popular Rock Group released a new studio album in 2009 after a fourteen year absence?

Alice in Chains (The studio album is called 'Black Gives Way To Blue'. Their previous studio release was in 1985.)

6. In 2006, what popular Canadian singer married a Canadian Rock star?

Avril Lavigne. She married Deryck Whibley of Sum 41.

7. What Funk hit has background vocals by a Motown band?

"Super Freak" by Rick James features The Temptations.

8. What male singer who uses just one name had three Top-10 hits on the U.S. Hot 100 chart from the same album in the '90s?

Usher

"You Make Me Wanna..." (#2 in 1997), "Nice & Slow" (#1 in 1998), "My Way" (#2 in 1998).

They are all from his 1997 album, My Way.

9. What Swedish act has had the most #1 hits in the United States?

Roxette with four: "It Must Have Been Love," "Listen To Your Heart," "Joyride," "The Look"

(They did this between the three year period of 1989 and 1991 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 Chart)

10. What famous lead singer trained to be a jockey?

Davy Jones of The Monkees.

Congratulations to Shawn and thanks to all who entered this month's quiz. :thumbsup:

Take our newest quiz for the month of November by clicking the quiz link on our Main Page.

SongFacts :headphones: