Jane's Addiction

Sonic Youth

Jon Spencer and the Blues Explosion

Fugazi

Pavement

The Flaming Lips

Atari Teenage Riot

You can probably find 'samples' around.

Sonic Youth consider themselves as Cyberpunkers (whatever that means). Very noisy and artistic. I think they use a different tunning for every song and a guitar for every tunning so a guitar for every song LOL. My favs are 'Death Valley '69', 'Dirty Boots', 'Silver Rocket' and 'Nic Fit'.

Mr. Bungle includes the singer from Faith No More (Patton?). Very experimental. It's like bits and pieces put together. It may change suddently from jazz to speed metal. They also use o lot of ethnic music. 'Disco Volante' is one of my essential albums.

Fugazi it's punk rock with class without loosing the punkness.

Pavement are like the sons of Sonic Youth. Westing (by Musket and Sextant) is another must-have for me.

Flaming Lips use overdistorted guitars and the singer is always out of tune. Some of the beats remind me of John Bonham. Satellite Heart is the album to have.

Jon Spencer is like a mix of blues, punk, funk and a bit of hip-hop. He used to sing in Pussy Galore, probably the noisiest band ever.

Atari Teenage Riot is like electronic hard-core.

Butthole Surfers and Primus are distorted and wicked and funny and weird. They can get pretty technical too. Anything by them is good.

Ween are the funniest, especially the 'Chocolate and Cheese' and 'The Molusk' albums.

Geza X, that's a long story. You are better off doing a Google.

Oh The Cramps rock too. There's some sort of 'Tarantino' sound to it. And the Misfits is pure class, but you probably heard them before.

HTH and good luck