Gene Simmons Thinks All Bands Need To 'Blow $#@% Up'

Mike

Kiss star Gene Simmons has slammed bands like Radiohead for putting on boring live shows - insisting fans deserve to see spectacular performances from their idols. Simmons is convinced that because fans often pay a lot of money to go a concert, groups have a responsibility to make it worth their while.

And the bassist can't stand it when bands put minimal effort into their shows.

He says, "I admire bands like Radiohead, but the idea of being that serious? F-k that, get up on stage and blow s--t up! Bands that stand by their microphones and strum their guitars are forgetting one important point - people are bringing their eyes, it's audio and visual. If you're not fulfilling the visual part it's like watching a movie with your eyes closed. One of the biggest compliments we get is (when people say), 'I f--king hate their music but that's the best show I ever saw in my life.'"

© 2008 World Entertainment News Network

The simple fact that Gene stomped around like an idiot , flicked his tongue occasionally, and cut it as well for entertainment ( which appealed only to the sickest minds amongst Kiss fans ), hardly qualifies him as a voice for what is musical entertainment .

You don't have to take him literally on blowing s**t up, but some bands really don't put much energy into their performances. NewOrder is the first band that came to mind. Good music, but their version of "live" would have you putting a mirror under their noses. I like to see artists loosen up a bit and interact with the crowd. Don't just announce the f***ing song, say a little something. Hell! Just belt out a "hello! Los Angeles," laugh, wink, twirl, ANYTHING! :rockon: