S.A.L.T - The Orb

cushion

hello everyone

please help me impress a man i really like,

a favourite song of his is one from, The orb, and this track has a man giving a big speech about life etc,the music is playing over the top as he talks,

we think its from some famous film, its a british actor who we recognise but cant put our fingers on who he is or what film its from,

any help you could give me will give me big brownie points and obviously make him fall madly in love with me and ask me to marry him,

cheers everyone , :help:

Cush, can you give us some of the words spoken? It would help.

Now,as far as helping you score points to wrangle a proposal of marriage, well, that's an awfully big responsibility. On behalf of this fellow that you like I think I should ask a few questions first. Can you cook? Do you enjoy housework? How many children do you want? I won't get too personal, but I have to look out for my fellow man.

:laughing: :jester: :jester:

beleive me i would if i could,i was too busy gazing at him to really listen but mark,my future husband said that he thinks its from a film about a security guard who watches a prostitute go with men then she breaks down and cries everytime they leave so this guard goes over to her and gives her a big speech ? :help: :stars: :stars:

The awesome power of Google:

The Orb song S.A.L.T. on "Orblivion" (1997) consists of a somewhat paranoid sermon/rant (from the film Naked) about the Biblical revelation of the apocalypse, Chernobyl, barcodes, planetary alignment, and the future evolution of humanity into "beings of pure energy", all set to music.

Naked Directed by Mike Leigh (1993)

There is barely a symphathetic character aside from security guard Brian (Peter Wight).

Leigh's script, mostly improvised by the actors, remains one of the most intelligent, stark and quotable in film history.