All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Last week
  2. I was looking for an interesting (foreign language) film when I came across this video essay about "weird foreign films." Be prepared to take a "is this a ripoff?" journey through bad and good movies through the years. Sometimes, Hollyweird stumbles across an interesting foreign film and "reimagines" it for domestic audiences. Sometimes, film distributors change a film's title and it's cattywampus time at the movies. Take a short trip into another kind of "Twilight Zone." 50 Chinese language films you should see before you kick the bucket.
  3. Submitted for your approval, a 1984 executive-level landline telephone with much of the functionality found in a modern "Smartphone." Yes, it's another "rescued from obscurity" find by "Techmoan," who waxes ecstatically over the many buttons and functions on this all-in-one beast. It sorta works and, the company that owned this executoy is still in business! Continue exploring if you dare! (Sorry, no "Moan family" puppets again.;)
  4. Here's a tribute to Dennis Kamakahi, a longtime composer of Hawaiian music from "Wahine 'Ilikea" to "Pua Hone." Just right as we approach "The Dog Days of Summer" and the approach of "The Most Wonderful Time of The Year" (Back to school, according to that notorious Staples commercial.;) 1996 Staples commercial Who was "Rev. Dennis Kamakahi"?
  5. Well now, it helps to know what you're talking about, since I'm not much of a Country fan. After seeing this very interesting video about a "fish out of water" 1880's desperado dropped into the 21st century and listening to the song, why not. But this cowboy better watch out, if "Bass Reeves" is on his trail, he's going to be behind bars faster than you can say "Sergio Leone." (And eating "from scratch" Chili for a very long time, "in the jailhouse now.";)
  6. Should ‘Old Town Road’ be nominated for the CMA Awards? Voters aren't sure.Lil Nas X has set two new records on Billboard's Hot R&B/Hip-Hop songs and Hot rap songs charts. "Old Town Road," which is spending its 19th week at No. 1, surpasses the record set by Drake's "One Dance" on the R&B/Hip-Hop songs chart. NASHVILLE, Tenn. – Though Lil Nas X has broken chart records and become a streaming juggernaut with his breakout country rap hit “Old Town Road” with Billy Ray Cyrus, the song faces an uphill challenge to get a nomination for a CMA award. Ballots have gone out for nominations for the Country Music Association Awards, but some voters are struggling to decide how to recognize the musical phenomenon of the year, which has become the longest-running No. 1 song in the history of Billboard’s Hot 100. Let's see the specific report: Share your opinions guys!
  7. http://TOOL-46&2meaning, sword-spear found by girl in video! Chromosomes? Human? - significant suggestion?
  8. Earlier
  9. Thought I'd ask before I post it.....................is this a place where I would post bits and pieces of an old song that I've been trying to find the name of ? Just looking for a little help ; )
  10. Another band that didn't make it to the "Woodstock" movie, Blood, Sweat & Tears. Here's David Clayton Thomas fairly roaring out "More and More" at night. (This collection of "Woodstock lost performances" is as fuzzy as the mind of a Woodstock Festival attendee, but that's what's available.) Besides, it's all about the music, since video was a Production Studio thing back then. (Remember 16mm film copies of videotaped shows called "kinescopes"?)
  11. I was wandering around YouTube when I came across this post: "Why are modern Chinese movies so bad?" I looked around for another discussion about Chinese movies before finding this tale of young PLA performing arts soldiers. It looks...OK, though the "Sino-Vietnamese War" suggests that Hanoi was the aggressor. (The PLA invaded Vietnam to "save" Cambodia's Khmer Rouge.) This is the foreign movie this week, as Turner Classic Movies is showing a block of Hollywood classics this Sunday. Put on your leg warmers and "sheik yerbouti."
  12. I’ve been searching for a song for many many years my step dad played for me as a child . It was about a gambler that was caught putting aces in his sleeves and was thrown from a cat walk..... thats about all I can remember about ready to give up on this one🤦🏻‍♂️Obviously stepdad not around anymore so can’t just ask lol.
  13. It's been a hot, humid Summer, watching with nervous anticipation as Hurricanes approach. For those long, languid days of Summer, here's a modern Standard with Hawaiian lyrics part way through. Just cool enough for relief from Summer in the city...
  14. Hey there, Kickstarter fans, "Techmoan" has just the thing for your "Montgomery Scott"-wannabe Nerd friend/sibling/relative. "Mr. Nixie" has a Kickstarter campaign for an electronic kit (or assembled for the unhandy) featuring a set of Nixie tubes. Range: 63/330/1K/3K/10K Herz + front mounted microphone for crude "voice analysis." Warning! Intermediate to Advanced electronic kit building skills required.
  15. Carl

CCR @ Woodstock

This is a weird one - it's like someone had this footage handy and just released it on YouTube. There doesn't seem to be any official release for this. Also, it shows that their performance was really good, blowing up the theory that they wouldn't let the movie or soundtrack use it because they thought they were terrible.
  16. I am thankful and glad that i was born on july 29th. I love to help people feel good about themselves
  17. Well now, I keep hearing about bands that played at the 1969 Woodstock (Bethany, NY) Arts and Crafts Fair from time to time. One of those "Psst! Did yopu know this?" articles mentioned it's been 50 years since Creedence Clearwater Revival played there. With the collapse of the 2019 "Woodstock Festival" venture, here's what wasn't recorded on film...
  18. Summer is headed for "the dog days" and "Techmoan" has a mixed bag of electronic toys. Here's a tale of a small amplifier, "Ball speakers," and a "flashing lights" equalizer. As you can tell from the "cover art," some electronic gadgets rub "Techmoan" the wrong way. (More to come.;) And, once again, no Puppets.
  19. Mariah Carey feat. Jermaine Dupri Get Your Number
  20. Looking around YouTube, this modern day Korean movie starts out as a murder mystery. However, what happens to the prime suspect is a crime. This movie was (sorta) classed as "Korean Horror" along the lines of "Train to Busan," "The Host," or "The Wailing." It's a break from French or Japanese gangster movies, though, since Turner Classic Movies has a Shirley Temple thing going on Sunday evening. Anyway, have a nice time in the Korean countryside, pursuing a serial Rapist/Murderer.
  21. Hello. I am going insane trying to find an “It’s Alright” song. A male soloist sings a repeating descending melodic line in the chorus. His voice is falsetto. The phrase ends with the tag “it’s alright.” Help me.
  22. Hello. I am going insane trying to find an “It’s Alright” song. A male soloist sings a repeating descending melodic line in the chorus. His voice is falsetto. The phrase ends with the tag “it’s alright.” Help me.
  23. This may be a long forgotten post, but this update is for anyone who finds it. It's called "DIG a journey into the earth" from 1972. The music is by Quincy Jones. Created by John and Faith Hubley. I too thought it was from "The Point," but I watched that this week and it was missing or so I thought. Both stories are about a boy and his dog. Not "A Boy and His Dog" by Harlan Ellison. (I miss you Harlan.) I see that the links above no longer work, so here's a new YouTube link to the short. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HbT1zXhRbk I hope this helps someone, either the OP or someone doing a search for "Midnight Ride Down A Rock Bottom Road." -No Fear Of Change-
  24. What kind of music do International Space Station crew play? On one occasion, David Bowie. (You asked for it.;)
  25. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ltwdpv1jF4c&t=63s Turner Classic Movies is on a gangster kick as July 2019 comes to an end. This widescreen movie set in the town next to the Yokosuka Navy base, unrolls the tale of a small time Yakuza wannabe, who goes from small time crimes to trying to score pig feed from the U.S. Navy base to raise pigs into hogs for his chronically ill boss. He runs afoul of rival gang members and is "convinced" by full timers to "take the fall" for a murder. Meanwhile, his long-suffering girlfriend tries to steer him to a respectable factory job. Things go from comical to serious to unbelievable as a rival gang tries to take the hogs...
  26. This song was originally a duet with Fiji, but here Irie Love "does a single" love song.
  1. Load more activity