Cave in Hall of Fame

Levis

[big]Cave enters Aria Hall of Fame on his own terms[/big]

[smallest]October 29, 2007[/smallest]

[smaller]Source [/smaller]

SINGER Nick Cave has accepted his induction into the Aria Hall of Fame, but it was on his own terms.

The Australia-born songwriter last week said he was "dreading" tonight's induction during the annual music awards.

But on the night, he was gracious in accepting the honour.

However, there were a couple of conditions - that his band mates from The Bad Seeds and his former band The Birthday Party be inducted as well.

"I cannot really accept this until we get a few things straight," Cave told the crowd at Sydney's Acer Arena.

"What I can't figure out is why I am up here and The Bad Seeds aren't?

"I would like to do a bit of inducting myself."

Cave then thanked the members of The Band Seeds and The Birthday Party, the 1970s Melbourne gothic rock band which launched his career, for all their work with him over the years.

"I would like to, by the power vested in me, induct these people also into the Aria Hall of Fame."

Cave also thanked his mother, his wife Susie Bick and four sons.

Later, he told reporters there were a few other Australians artists he would like to see join him in the select club.

"Is Kylie in there?"asked Cave, who recorded the duet Where The Wild Roses Grow with Kylie Minogue in 1996.

"She f---ing well should be!"

AAP

And there's a slightly older article on his reluctance .

(I wanted to make the title something to do with "Cave" and "Hall", but I'm not as good as RJ at these things. Any suggestions?)

• 10 years later...
On 10/30/2007 at 6:02 PM, Levis said:

[big]Cave enters Aria Hall of Fame on his own terms[/big]

[smallest]October 29, 2007[/smallest]

[smaller]Source [/smaller]

SINGER Nick Cave has accepted his induction into the Aria Hall of Fame, but it was on his own terms.

The Australia-born songwriter last week said he was "dreading" tonight's induction during the annual music awards.

But on the night, he was gracious in accepting the honour.

However, there were a couple of conditions - that his band mates from The Bad Seeds and his former band The Birthday Party be inducted as well.

"I cannot really accept this until we get a few things straight," Cave told the crowd at Sydney's Acer Arena.

"What I can't figure out is why I am up here and The Bad Seeds aren't?

"I would like to do a bit of inducting myself."

Cave then thanked the members of The Band Seeds and The Birthday Party, the 1970s Melbourne gothic rock band which launched his career, for all their work with him over the years.

"I would like to, by the power vested in me, induct these people also into the Aria Hall of Fame."

Cave also thanked his mother, his wife Susie Bick and four sons.

Later, he told reporters there were a few other Australians artists he would like to see join him in the select club.

"Is Kylie in there?"asked Cave, who recorded the duet Where The Wild Roses Grow with Kylie Minogue in 1996.

"She f---ing well should be!"

AAP

And there's a slightly older article on his reluctance .

(I wanted to make the title something to do with "Cave" and "Hall", but I'm not as good as RJ at these things. Any suggestions?)

What a guy! Definitely 10/10 for respect.What I remember when I saw that speech and it really didn't surprise me; Nick works hard and they all just seem to go together so well. I love the way he introduces each band member at the end of each concert; definitely not a show pony but a true down to earth man.! Well done Nick and the Bad Seeds

What a guy! Definitely 10/10 for respect. Iremember when I saw that speech and it really didn't surprise me; Nick works hard and they all just seem to go together so well. I love the way he introduces each band member at the end of each concert; definitely not a show pony but a true down to earth man.! Well done Nick and the Bad Seeds

What a guy! Definitely 10/10 for respect. Iremember when I saw that speech and it really didn't surprise me; Nick works hard and they all just seem to go together so well. I love the way he introduces each band member at the end of each concert; definitely not a show pony but a true down to earth man.! Well done Nick and the Bad Seeds

Edited by Ange
Sorry I accidentally replied and hit the wrong button once to often. My sincere apologies; I'm just new to this and still getting the hang of it. I am SO sorry

Hi Carl, 
Unfortunately I missed him when he was out here in January 2017; i was following a couple of his social media accounts but i didn't come across anything on there. 
I have heard that there is talk of wanting to have him out here to unveil a monument in his honor in Warraknabeel. I  would DEFINITELY attend. Nick seems to be quite amused by that idea; but there was talk of it when he made his autobiography/documentary 
20000 days on earth and in the background you can see a statue like ornament which is what they're referring to as making life like .
I hope this does occur;  although I think I'd probably faint on seeing him in the flesh . LOL.
Thanks again Carl
Cheers Andrea