Your Top 5 Horror/Scary Movie

blue_n_white

Kev, yes..Carpenter's remake of The Thing (though not remotely true to the original) was OK. Much better as a remake of a classic sci-fi flick was Phillip Kaufman's remake of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers. With a much better cast many felt that the remake was superior to the original. I'll hedge and say it's equal to.

INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS-1978

Lucky, TY. I don't know how I could've overlooked Rosemary's Baby. It's still Roman Polanski's greatest work. The book by Ira Levin was one of the top best-sellers of all time and the movie's cast is superb with John Casavetes and Mia Farrow (who showed some real acting chops after TV's Peyton Place role of Allison)leading the way. This movie will hold up today without needing a remake. Or, have they already done that?

ROSEMARY'S BABY 1968

Rosemarie's Baby doesn't hold up over repeted viewings, though , Joe . It's rarely really suspenseful and , if you've seen it , never has the same effect . It was a great one time hit , but not a classic in this genre - though a well made film , imo . If you want awful newborns with a bit of action - try 'It's Alive ! '.

• 2 weeks later...

- The Changeling: there was something about that isolated mansion which echoed in my mind for years after.

- Faces Of Death: it was gruesome even if half of it was made up.

- Salem's Lot: as a kid, I could not sleep next to a window after watching this movie.

This movie used to scare the crap outta me as a kid:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000QGYYS2/sr=1-1/qid=1194823450/ref=olp_product_details/002-3873719-8058454?ie=UTF8&me=&qid=1194823450&sr=1-1&seller=