Sign in to follow this  
Aunt_Acid

Funny Misheard Lyrics

In the song "Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel, when he starts singing "Brenda and Eddie were the popular steadies....", because of his accent (he says "Brender"), I heard it as "Thunder and Eddie".

That's that New Yawk/Jarsey/Boston/British accent that adds an "r" to such words and removes the "r" from words such as "car"/(cah). I used to think he said, "Brenda Renetti was still going steady..."(etc etc etc, blar blar blar, yadar yadar yadar).

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon:

I've been singing these lines wrong for over twenty years

Kim Carnes-Bette Davis Eyes

"All the better just to please you"

RG version-"Holds the bathtub just to please you"

Men at Work-Down Under

"You better run, you better take cover."

RG version-"You better run, you better take a bus."

I remember when the song Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish was popular on the radio, and I can also remember wondering why it would matter what the "bear said".

Real lyrics: I wanna love you the best that--the best that I can.

I heard: I wanna love you...the bear said--the bear said I can.

In England Dan and John Ford Coley's "I'd Really Love To See You Tonight", I always heard "I'm not talkin' 'bout the linens/and I don't want to change your life" instead of "I'm not talkin' 'bout movin' in"

I always wondered what Kim Mitchell was saying on this one song. To me it sounded like he was saying "flea brain"; but I looked it up and the song is Alana Loves Me, and he is saying "be brave".

"Shoot To Thrill" has been one of my favorite AC/DC songs for a while, since it's the song that introduced me to AC/DC a long time ago, but I didn't figure out until today that he's saying "'Cause I'm illegal, I've got everything all you women might need to know". I thought it was "Just like a negro".... :crazy:

While working in a recording studio, we did alot of demos for cover bands, and I have heard so many mis-interps of lyrics, I could never begin to recall them all. But heres a few that come to mind:

Steppinwolf "Born to be wild" - Get your motor runnin, head out on the highway.

Sung as- " Hitchen on a runnin, dead out on the highway "

Stones "Jumpin jack flash" - I was born inna crossfire hurrican.

Sung as- " I was born in the trash by her train"

There are many others. Lotta laughs.

Jim

Edited by Guest

I have just entered a new level of uncool as far as my teenage daughter is concerned. She has had Britney Spear's new song on repeat for the past few days, so I asked her about the song "Operator"...Mom, it's "Radar!" I got a full eye roll with that one. I then mentioned it to my husband and he said..."Gee, I thought she was saying Humpinator"!