Funny Misheard Lyrics

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ha, me too.

Also on that album, in Love Lies Bleeding, I can't remember what the actual line is, someone told me once, but I swear he is saying "If the wind don't change, I'ma down your bed girl"

Elton John is one of the kings of misheard lyrics

In Elton John's "Love Lies Bleeding" it sounds like he says "I'm helped by the things I'd do to love a man" but he's actually saying "It kills me to think of you with another man." How he did that, I have no idea. In fact, it's kind of funny that Bernie Taupin is so spotlighted for writing the lyrics when you can't even understand half of them.

I have been checking the lyrics of "Summer Breeze", Seals&Croft. I always heard "summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing a little jazz note in my mind"... but now it seems it´s "blowing through the jasmine in my mind".

Not funny but I was wrong for more than thirty years... ::

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

In Green Day's "When I Come Around", they say:

"So don't knock down my door."

I heard:

"Saw Donna to my door."

Also, while my family and I were listening to The Police's "Message In A Bottle" over the weekend, my sister heard:

"Broke my nose"

Instead of:

"Wrote my note"

I was once writing out the lyrics for Cream - Badge. An older guy in the same office used to perform it with his band, so was helping.

Then he said "Did I tell you 'bout our kid, now he's not a tomato". Of course I burst out laughing. He was serious. :D

The line is: "Did I tell you 'bout our kid, now he's married to Mabel."

He had been doing it live for about 5 years in their set and no-one either noticed or said anything. :D

Hehe.. these are pretty funny. :P I don't know if this one was said, mostly likely it was. But in the Beatles' "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds", my mom heard the line "the girl with kaleidoscope eyes" as "the girl with colitis goes by." Colitis is an inflamation of the colon, so when my mom heard it as that, she thought it was awful. :P

And who can forget about the "bathroom on the right" (really "bad moon on the rise") from Creedence Clearwater Revival? :P