Funny Misheard Lyrics

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Alan Jackson's "That'd be Alright", it says "If everybody everywhere had a lighter load to bare." I thought it said "if everybody everywhere had a lion or a bear." I spent at least an hour trying to figure out why people needed animals like that to make everything okay.

My friend Emily thought that Tracy Chapman said "Only smoking hashish" instead of "Only smoke and ashes."

My friend Nicole is the queen of misheard lyrics.

--Her take on the first couple lines of the "Saved by the Bell" Themes Song: "When I wake up in the morning and my pants are feeling funny, then I know I'm gonna make it alright." It really says "When I wake up in the morning and my alarm gives out a warning, I don't think I'm gonna make it on time."

--"Hard to Handle" by the Black Crowes: It really saids "Let me light your candle b/c a-momma I'm sho' hard hard to handle now." She heard "Hey little thing, lemon-lime ch-chemical."

She's always good for hours of laughs. That's why we love her!

In "Public Animal #9" by Alice Cooper, the first lines are

Hey hey hey!

Me and G.B.

We ain't never gonna confess

We cheated at the math test

But I heard it as "hey hey hey! Me and Jimmy we ain't never gonna confess. We did it in the mountains"

I was really getting into the new Rob Thomas single "I don't wanna be lonely" until he sang:

"Open up to me, and I can do your girlfriends..."

::

Only to hear in the accoustic version he really sings

"Open up to me like you do your girlfriends"

*phew* Rob nearly lost points there, but it's ok, all is good again ::

Up until I just read earth-angel's post, I thought Rob Thomas said the same thing :o

I'm wondering why a woman would want to open up to him just so he can fool around with her girlfriends

Well, maybe she's just a kind and sharing person? Geez, you women. Right away questioning things you don't even understand.

There's this site I came across once on Misheard Lyircs

I don't know if it has already been mentioned.

A completely understandable misunderstanding from November Rain that I found on the site:

The line goes: Or I'll just end up walking

The guy hears: Rockets in the Balkans

I heard the song again and it DOES sound like 'Rockets in the Balkans'!

• 4 weeks later...

Ever since I've known the song, I got this lyric wrong, until one day, riding in the truck, I just heard it differently, for whatever reason. The middle of "I'm Not in Love", by 10cc, there's a woman whispering. I always thought she was saying

"Requesting quiet, requesting quiet"

when in reality, she was aying

"Big boys don't cry, big boys don't cry"

Strange that after 20 years of hearing it one way, one day I heard it another.

When I first heard the whispered part of this song, I was in my Dad's car in Baltimore, and my Dad and I heard this song on the radio while we were going for a drive. I could've sworn the woman was whispering, "Big Poiston Qui, Big Poiston Qui. Big Poiston Qui." When in reality, the whispered part, as my Dad told me, actually said, "Big Boys Don't Cry. Big Boys Don't Cry. Big Boys Don't Cry." Maybe the reason it sounds like "Big Poiston Qui." is probably because the woman is whispering. My question is, did the woman whisper these lyrics in a British Accent? Is that why the whispered lyrics are commonly misheard? ::

When I listened to the song, "Proud Mary" by CCR, here's what I thought I heard John Fogerty Say. "Big Wheel Keep on Toinin. Crown Merra Keep On Boinin. Goalit, Goalit, Goalit on a rilva!" When in reality, the lyrics are, "Big wheel Keep on Turnin'. Proud Mary Keep on Burnin'. Rollin', Rollin', Rollin' on the River!" ::

Smells Like Teen Spirit (Nirvana): from the radio

"Load up on gum , bring your friends, it's hard to chew and to pretend..." (load up on guns, bring your friends, it's hard to choose and to pretend )

"Here we are now, rearrange us..." (entertain us)

"In an aisle, in an aisle ...." ( a denial ) :P :laughing: :laughing:

From Layla

"What'll you do when you get lonely" -- I really thought it was "what'll you do when you drink your coffe" -- my husband made fun of me for that because I drink about 10 pots a day. My brother-in-law had the funniest one though - he thought the REM line "this one goes out to the one I left behind" was actually "this one goes out to the one I BLEFT' - when reminded there was no such word he said they make up words all the time - he will still argue this line.

Yeah, you see, there was this commercial that had come on a year ago. The commericial was about birth control, and had various young women dancing about. The song playing, I'm not sure of it's official title now, but it went "There she goes, there she goes again..."

Subconciously, everytime it came on I heard it as "There she blows, there she blows again..."

For a few weeks, I had heard the song as that and knew the commercial was about female birth control, but never put the two together. When I did...hehe...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

alas... another overlooked thread... at least for a month. I have to throw in my misheard lyrics...

The Corrs' "Go on and leave me breathless" I always thought said, "Go on and leave me breakfast." And I figured, just like a guy... :laughing:

Also - more recently, Maroon 5's Harder to Breathe" gets bleeped out when he says "Not fit to funkin' tread the ground that I am walking on" because so many radio stations think they're saying... well... something besides "funkin'" =:P

In the Weezer song "Hash Pipe" when the singer sings "I've got my hash pipe" it sounds like he's saying "I've got my ass wiped"

In the Elton John Song "Dirty Little Girl," Elton sings "I'll bet she, she hasn't had a bath in a year" and I thought he was saying "I'm b*tchy, see I haven't had a bath in a year."