Funny Misheard Lyrics

Aunt_Acid

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes misheard lyrics actually make a lot more sense than the real ones. Case in point: U2's "When Love Comes To Town".

Actual lyric:

Ran into a juke joint

Where I heard a guitar scream

The notes were turning blue

I was dazin' in a dream

My misheard lyric:

Ran into a juke joint

Rammed my head against a screen

The notes were turning blue

I was dazin' in a dream

Before I first saw the printed lyrics, I thought Bono was singing about hitting his head and knocking himself silly. But at least that makes more sense than the real verse, which don't clearly explain why Bono ends up in an altered state.

According to various lyrics sites, the words of the Love Unlimited number one hit read: "Walking in the rain with the one I love".

My ears always hear "F-ing in the rain with the one I love".....

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

"walking with my feet 10 feet off of Beale" Walking in Memphis-Marc Cohn

I thought this was 10 feet off a "heel" (or "peel", or even "pier")

I didn't know the correct line until I saw the lyrics, and even then I had to google "Beale" to find out it is a street in Memphis nicknamed "home of the blues".

She Said She Said -- The Beatles

It's really

I said, Who put all those things in your head

Things that make me feel that I'm mad

and I thought it was

I said, Who put all those things in your hair

Things that make me feel that I'm mad

I prefer my version... and I still sing/think hair along because I always forget it's head :P

In The Beatles' "Revolution," My brother and I thought that John was singing, "But if you go carrying pictures of Gemini," Intead of "But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao."

Remember, this was about 4-5 years ago! We had it on a tape of a few Beatles' albums my aunt made for us, as we only had a tape player in our car. It think this was the same time I was afraid of "Yesterday" and ran out of the living room when we were copying "1" to tape and it came on. Ya, I was crazy.

In The Beatles' "Revolution," My brother and I thought that John was singing, "But if you go carrying pictures of Gemini," Intead of "But if you go carrying pictures of Chairman Mao."

I always thought it was "But if you go carryin' pictures of Carolyn Mowell…"

For years I wanted to know who this Carolyn Mowell was, and why her last name was Mowell and not Howell!

And I thought the line in "American Pie" was "in a coat he borrowed from Jane Steen," and I kept wondering who Jane Steen was! (It's James Dean.)

• 2 weeks later...

Another Brick in the Wall partII

I always thought it said," If you can't keep your seat then you can't have any pudding!!!

When in fact it sang:

If you don't eat yer meat, ya can't have any pudding!!!!

The outcome most likely was the same regardless of the lyrics.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...