Funny Misheard Lyrics

Aunt_Acid

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember when the song Hold My Hand by Hootie & the Blowfish was popular on the radio, and I can also remember wondering why it would matter what the "bear said".

Real lyrics: I wanna love you the best that--the best that I can.

I heard: I wanna love you...the bear said--the bear said I can.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

"Shoot To Thrill" has been one of my favorite AC/DC songs for a while, since it's the song that introduced me to AC/DC a long time ago, but I didn't figure out until today that he's saying "'Cause I'm illegal, I've got everything all you women might need to know". I thought it was "Just like a negro".... :crazy:

While working in a recording studio, we did alot of demos for cover bands, and I have heard so many mis-interps of lyrics, I could never begin to recall them all. But heres a few that come to mind:

Steppinwolf "Born to be wild" - Get your motor runnin, head out on the highway.

Sung as- " Hitchen on a runnin, dead out on the highway "

Stones "Jumpin jack flash" - I was born inna crossfire hurrican.

Sung as- " I was born in the trash by her train"

There are many others. Lotta laughs.

Jim

Edited by Guest

• 2 months later...

I have just entered a new level of uncool as far as my teenage daughter is concerned. She has had Britney Spear's new song on repeat for the past few days, so I asked her about the song "Operator"...Mom, it's "Radar!" I got a full eye roll with that one. I then mentioned it to my husband and he said..."Gee, I thought she was saying Humpinator"!