The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #87

Lucky

WELCOME TO THE SONGFACTORS' CHOICE TOP TEN #87! :headphones:

ALL MEMBERS OF SONGFACTS ARE MOST WELCOME TO PARTICIPATE. The greater the participation, the more diverse, and more representative our top ten is. We'd like to invite everyone to help us select THE SONGFACTOR'S CHOICE TOP TEN!

IT'S SIMPLE, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS:

* Nominate two songs that haven't made the Ten before (please click to view Every Song That's Made The Songfactors' Choice Top Tens.

* When nominations close, choose your favorite Ten songs in order of preference from the Final Nominations and post them on here. Points are allotted 10 for your #1 song, 9 for #2, Etc. and our Top Ten is compiled from them.

PLEASE LET US HAVE YOUR NEW NOMINATIONS NOW ! :thumbsup:

:headphones:

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1234 ~ Feist (2007) video

songfacts mainpage

songfacts for the song

SF's myspace

and she has a nice voice... reminds me a bit of Joni Mitchell :)

and since it's :jack: Halloween :jack: :

Bloodletting (The Vampire Song) ~ Concrete Blonde (1990) video

just imagine you had a one-night stand and on the next day you realise that your lover was a Vampire... and now you're one too! :shocked:

O you were a vampire

and now I am nothing at all

O you were a vampire

and now I am nothing at all

I got the ways and means

to New Orleans,

I'm going down by the river

where it's warm and green,

I'm gonna have drink, and walk around

I got a lot to think about

oh yeah oh yeah

and the bassline is just :rockon: oh yeah! :rockon:

This first band I nominate because they completely rocked back in '80, are still touring today and sounding excellent. They were known as Angel City but now, simply The Angels.

Marseilles

:rockon: :bow: :rockon: :bow: again.

Nominating Australian rock songs is a good idea. Your almost guaranteed to get votes from yourself, Katie and I. :grin:

I'm still pondering over a few possible nominations. I'll be back to nominate within the next two days. :)

Edited by Guest

This time around I'm featuring two of Motown's most underrated acts. First up...

He Was Really Saying Something-The Velvelettes

This and Needle In A Haystack were their two biggest hits. These girls recorded lots of great music but for some reason never enjoyed the big Motown backing afforded to The Supremes, Martha and The Vandellas, etc. Shame. Their stage performance needed polish but Motown could have provided that. Their sound was outstanding.

This girl's had a slew of hits and wrote some great songs as well. For example, You Made Me So Very Happy which she co-wrote and performed before it was a hit for Blood, Sweat and Tears. Remember Johnny Maestro & Brooklyn Bridge's Worst That Could Happen? Brenda sang it first. You may remember her for Every Little Bit Hurts...But here's her very first Motown Hit which was written by Mr. Smokey Robinson.

When I'm Gone-Brenda Holloway

Unlike most Motown artists, Brenda hailed from LA. She's still turning out great music.

I'll need you tubage, please.

I've heard this song is about date rape..don't know if it's true. If it is, I'm not condoning that, I always think of it as a song about lust:

Sex-Type Thing - Stone Temple Pilots

This one is just plain cool:

Message of Love - The Pretenders