Random Confessions

Earth-Angel

• Replies 649
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a thing for accents

I had a thing for accents once, until I lived with a person that had one. After a while, what once sounded sexy gets under your skin and makes you cringe. Like the laugh you thought was cute at first but then loathe to hear it again, after a while . . .

Kinda like chewing aluminum foil while listening to fingernails scratching a chalkboard, simultaneously.

It got so bad that even the morning shower sounded irritating.

Oh, I confess, I pee in the shower, sometimes . . .

Reconsidering a line from "Field of Dreams":

"No you didn't experience the 60's, you just took two 50's and moved on to the 70's!"

Here's what I didn't do in the 1960's:

*I smelled it, breathed it, but didn't light up or inhale it.

*I never dropped Acid, shot up with Heroin, took Speed, or ate Peyote tabs.

*With the Sexual Revolution in full bloom, I've never done it.

*I didn't burn my draft card.

*I wasn't a Beatles fan. I preferred The Who, Simon & Garfunkel, Cal Tjader, and Folk music.

*I made a few skyrockets into bombs in high school, but didn't sign on with SDS at university.

*I was an ROTC trooper in high school, but eschewed Khaki and spitshines at college.

*I didn't pick up a guitar, sitar, or synthesizer.

*I didn't go to Woodstock, but I went to several Diamond Head Crater Celebrations.

*I forsook Rock and Jazz for a time as the Hawaiian Music Renaissance of the 70's appeared. :sleepy:

Edited by Guest

I fear you all hate me.

What?? :shades: :laughing:

No. We couldn´t hate you because some of us -or at least me- still think you´re an old songfactor, so what if you were an old songfactor among our/my favorite songfactors? :cool:

I have trouble writing letters because I can't put any emoticons there :crazy: :P

Same for me... I need them for my e-mails now... :P

I have never seen even one minute of anything Monty Python, I have never seen any of the Godfather films, nor a James Bond film.

You´re lucky, Shannon. Now you´ll spend an amazing time discovering Monty Python and The Godfathers... enjoy!! :) :)

how old were you when you had the boyfriend who was 7 years younger edna?

I think I was your age... or maybe older, 25... it was sooooo long ago :laughing:

I had another boyfriend who´s 5 years younger, for many years... though it wasn´t official for other reasons than age...

My husband is 6 months younger than me. I think I only had 2 boyfriends older than me... :P