Any Computer people here?

Lea

sure thing :)

at first you need a picture you want to put up. you should see that it's not too large, our maximum size for a avatar is 75x75 (like mine) if you use a larger image it gets dowsized automatically...

now if you have your intended image on your PC you first have to find out it's size (click on it once and look at the left, it should be listed there): if it's larger than 5.86KB then you need to do another step first (see below*)

if it's smaller than (or exactly) 5.86KB then you need to come to SF, click on the upper bar on "My Fusion" --> "Control Panel" and then on "Avatar Settings". There you use the option "Upload an Image File" and use the browse button to search for your pic on your PC :)

once you've chosen it, simply click on "Proceed" and voila :) that was it :)

* if your pic is larger than 5.86KB you need to upload it first to a image hosting site like ImageShack. There you have to choose "upload: image" and browse to your image, then click on "host it". On the new site you go right down to the bottom and look at the very last line "direct link to image" and copy that address :)

now you go again to "Avatar Settings" as explained above, only you chose "URL to image file" and paste the address in that line... click on "proceed" and voila #2 :)

just PT me if you have any questions :thumbsup:

Puppet, If that dont work, try this: Right clk on the "IE" icon, then clk "PROPERTIES", then clk "ADVANCED", then clk "RESTORE DEFAULTS".

I'm not to familiar with XP, but a friend told me about that fix... He said it worked for him on other problems he had..

Jim

This in ref to your Y-tube problem

Edited by Guest