Looking For a Classic Commercial

babyteen

I was wondering, does anyone remember the commercial where they say something like, "Pace Picante sauce is made in New York City. New York City? Have you been too hard on 'em? Naaaaa!" I'd like to find an audio recording of that commercial, maybe even a streaming video would be cool. Anyone have any suggestions?

Have you tried another screenreader? I know there are quite a few out there, there must be one which supports flash :thumbsup:

Screen Reader Accessibility

There are three ways in which the Flash content can be made accessible to screen reader users:

1. Make the Flash content natively accessible to the screen reader.

2. Make the Flash content self-voicing, eliminating the need for the screen reader.

3. Provide an accessible alternative to the Flash content.

By making your Flash movie self-voicing, you remove the need for the screen reader. In essence, you are taking over the role of the screen reader by conveying audibly any content that is presented visibly within the Flash movie. The screen reader user should be alerted that the program is self-voicing so the screen reader can be paused while the Flash movie presents the audio content. Any important content that is conveyed visibly must also be provided through the audio. You can relate this to listening to a sports event on the radio - although you cannot see the action, the commentators are providing all of the important details through the audio. You may want to provide a self-voicing movie as an alternative to a non-voicing Flash movie, or provide an option to turn self-voicing functionality on or off. Remember, if you are conveying any content audibly, that is not apparent from the visible display, then you must provide captions for the deaf and hard of hearing. The movie must also be made keyboard accessible.

It is also important to provide an equivalent alternative to the Flash movie itself. This should only be done when the movie itself can in no other way be made accessible. It may be hard to justify that an HTML tutorial is equivalent to an interactive multimedia Flash tutorial. The key is to make the alternative content equivalent, not necessarily text-only. Instead of providing a text-only page with long running lengths of text, the equivalent should be a well-formatted and accessible web page with images, icons, paragraphs, and color. Just because someone accesses your equivalent alternative, doesn't mean that they are blind and don't care about what the page looks like or how it functions. Often, the alternative can be within the same page as the Flash movie itself. In some cases, you can give the user the option of turning on and off Flash content...

...Despite the problems Flash can introduce for screen reader users, there are accessibility techniques that can be implemented to make Flash more accessible. Microsoft Active Accessibility (MSAA) is used to send content from the Flash player to the screen reader. MSAA is a Microsoft technology that currently only works with Internet Explorer on Windows computers that have the Flash player version 6 or newer installed.

Edited by Guest
hope this can help :)

:( I was hoping there was at least one you could use that would be compatible.

Well, back to the actual query now!

Guys, do you think this might be the right one? babyteen, I'll see if I can find a way to get a recording of the one you want :) Does anyone remember this commercial and how it looked? There are quite a few on YouTube to choose from.

• 11 months later...

Hi babyteen!....did you try a search on youtube???? I'm on the crappy computer now at work, and I can't get youtube...but you could give it a try....

I'm still on the search for this commercial. If I was to go onto Youtube, what exactly am I supposed to type for the keywords to search?

Don't bother with that. Go here: Pace Foods homepage , go to the contact page, and ask them if they have the commercial you seek on file.

I went to that page and contacted the company, and here's what they said to me.

Dear Annabelle, we received your message and appreciate your taking the time to contact Campbell Soup Company.

Unfortunately, our archives do not reflect an advertisement such as the one you described. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Thank you for visiting the Pace Foods website.

Pace Foods Web Team kxp