An Observation (yes beating a dead horse)

Lucky

:bow: Nice Muzik.... ;)

Maybe I'm just a dork

Undoubtedly. Where is Kevin when I need him? He can clear up any confusion you may have on that amtter... :grin:

To me an "attack" would be (and I'll use Lucky's name because we know each other and she knows I love her):

"Lucky, your taste in music SUCKS. You don't know what good music is. What is WRONG with you? You listen to CRAP." ad nauseum.

Sure, use ME! ... don't EVEN get me started chickie! :neener:

I love you too .... ;)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To me, music is an individual state of mind. like a song where another can't stand it.

One of the greatest feelings I have is that not everyone agrees with me. How boring would it be if they did?

Muzik once again you speak words of wisdon. We all do have our own taste and that does keep things from being boring, so express your opinions on liking or disliking a genre of music and let it go, don't keep talking about it over and over again, I think that is when people feel attacked, sorry Shawna had to say it one more time.

I have seen an "attack" here recently. A person voiced his or her displeasure with a genre of music. Although I don't agree with discounting an entire genre of music without having heard all of it, it was still his or her opinion. This person was soundly thrashed, and yes, some of it was personal. The person's original opinion was not personally directed at anyone at all, but after he or she was personally called out, he or she felt the need to become defensive. I thought that was the end of it, but it has come to my attention that this person received at least one (possibly more) PTs saying that he or she didn't fit in here and was not welcome. That is absolutely reprehensible to me. I was not made aware of who it was and I frankly don't care. I'd rather not know, because I would be very disappointed to know who would do such a thing. This is nobody's personal site to decide who should and should not be welcome here.

Before this turns into a whole new situation, let me be very clear in saying that if you did not PT anyone in such a manner, than I am not talking to you and I don't want to hear anything else about it. If you did PT someone, than you need to be ashamed of yourself and I really don't want to hear anything else about it.

Lovely Lucky, I didn't mean to break your thread. Please forgive me.

Back on track (I think), I get much flack about my undying love for semi-cheesy 80s R&B. New Edition, Ready for the World, Bobby Brown, Keith Sweat, The System, Al B. Sure, James Ingram, Jeffery Osbourne...it doesn't get better than that for me. I'm sure no one else understands my odd attraction for that kind of music (except for das), so I don't talk about it that much. I have also recently been listening to a lot of contemporary gospel music. Even if you aren't religious, the passion in the music is enough to get your soul soaring. Again, no one seems to understand how it touches me...and that's fine by me.

But it touches you Peachy and that is all that matters, your heart and your soul. So share it with us, lets us hear some songs that touch you, maybe someone else will feel the same, nothing wrong with being passionate about music. I do understand your hesitation of maybe not sharing though, if someone wouldn't like it, it may not be stated nicely, you just never know sometimes.

Everybody has different types of music that touches them. It can't be explained but really there isn't any need too. Older country music does that to me."Ring Of Fire","He Stopped Loving Her Today","Sweet Dreams" and "Crazy" just to name a few. Gospel is also a favorite too but more of the older songs. I saw LeAnne Rimes in concert a few years ago and she closed her show with an acapella version of "Amazing Grace" that left me with chills and in tears.

PEACHES: YOU MAY WANT TO AVERT YOUR EYES, M'DEAR...

I have seen an "attack" here recently. A person voiced his or her displeasure with a genre of music. Although I don't agree with discounting an entire genre of music without having heard all of it, it was still his or her opinion. This person was soundly thrashed, and yes, some of it was personal. The person's original opinion was not personally directed at anyone at all, but after he or she was personally called out, he or she felt the need to become defensive. I thought that was the end of it, but it has come to my attention that this person received at least one (possibly more) PTs saying that he or she didn't fit in here and was not welcome. That is absolutely reprehensible to me. I was not made aware of who it was and I frankly don't care. I'd rather not know, because I would be very disappointed to know who would do such a thing. This is nobody's personal site to decide who should and should not be welcome here.

Before this turns into a whole new situation, let me be very clear in saying that if you did not PT anyone in such a manner, than I am not talking to you and I don't want to hear anything else about it. If you did PT someone, than you need to be ashamed of yourself and I really don't want to hear anything else about it.

I am troubled now. That final paragraph puts me in a "Lose/Lose" situation... :(

However, since the first paragraph spells out (rather reductively, though, if I might say) a scenario that many regular SongFactors might think they recognise- and in which I may implicitly have been involved- I would be more troubled if I let this go, leaving others to put two and two together to make five....

I would like to make it ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that I, blind-fitter, have never, at any point, sent any PM to anybody, which suggested that the recipient did not fit in and was not welcome on SongFacts. AND I CANNOT EMPHASISE THAT POINT EMPHATICALLY ENOUGH.

Nor have I ever sent a PM of any sort whatsoever to the alleged "attack victim" (assuming my interpretation of the described scenario is valid).

For personal reasons, I just wanted to get that off my chest.

b-f, I'm going to post proof that you sent me a PT just like the one described... just as soon as I create the evidence... :grin: :grin: :grin:

I'm not trying to make light of a lightless situation here... I was unaware of anything like that being said/done here, and I'm dumbfounded. I can't believe that anyone in our little community would behave like that.

I say "she who smelt it dealt it".

I've thought that to be a funny line but we all know how untrue it is.

The one who dealt it cowers and, secretly laughs whilst the one closest to the one that dealt it lets out an audible roar accompanied by, "Something crawled up in you and died."

It wasn't me, it musta been you since you said something first.

Fascinating, what one will believe, as long as they convince themself, first.

SF ain't what it used to be Shawna. :crazy:

I've got to disagree (crap, I feel the need to say, I disagree in the nicest possible way). Sf is exactly what it used to be, and what it always has been. Sf is different than most sites. We are a bit of a family here. And just like any family, we are going to disagree, and have squabbles. And like family, we are at some point going to realize that differences or not, we still love our family, whether we always agree or not. There have been squabbles and misunderstandings here as long as I can remember. We've gotten past them before, and so we will again! ;)

That was the intent of this beating of the horse... to hopefully make people realize that we can be different, and still tolerant of each other!! :)

During my time here I know I have caused both "tiffs" and "squabbles". I will once again appologize for thing's that I have said that have caused any bad feelings. Many of the things I have said have been in jest and sometimes making myself the butt of the joke. I also know I can be sarcastic and that sometimes rubs people the wrong way. To me a message board is a place to go and have some fun,when I have the time. To voice opinions and share ideas. I know I haven't been very subtle at times,more like a sledgehammer,and that I think that has offended some people. But we are all different and it would be a boring world and this would be a boring site if we were all the same. I also think people should feel free to voice their opinions even if it is different than most of the crowd. Not everybody on here are going to have the same tastes in music but just because they don't share the same tastes doesn't mean they don't know what they are talking about and they shouldn't be ridiculed. I have been guilty of that myself here and I am willing to admit that. There is nothing wrong with having disagreements in the threads. But when it gets to be personal that's when it gets out of hand. And there are those when they see it as being personal,they will come back and defend themselves regardless. For this particular issue,I have said my piece and that is that.

I've got to disagree (crap, I feel the need to say, I disagree in the nicest possible way). Sf is exactly what it used to be, and what it always has been. Sf is different than most sites. We are a bit of a family here. And just like any family, we are going to disagree, and have squabbles. And like family, we are at some point going to realize that differences or not, we still love our family, whether we always agree or not. There have been squabbles and misunderstandings here as long as I can remember. We've gotten past them before, and so we will again! ;)

That was the intent of this beating of the horse... to hopefully make people realize that we can be different, and still tolerant of each other!! :)

Lucky, I said what I said because over the past year or so things on the boards at times have been more, how should I put it intense. Which I don't feel is a crap statemen. It seems at times that expressing your opinions isn't easy to do, people want to make you defend them, and that should not be. People should be able talk about their different tastes in music without someone questioning their opinions. And if you don't like what somone has to say, don't respond. I have taken several breaks from here as you know due to remarks that have been made to me on the boards and in PT's. I have no idea why tension seem to run higher at times on here, but it seems to. And no one person is to blame, it just snowballs basically. So yes it is different than it was when I joined. And some members I enjoyed chatting with don't post as much anymore due to happenings on here and some are just gone for good. I mean here I am defending my statement. And I am someone who always said peace and love, maybe I was living in a purple haze, or as I was told a while back, looking through rose colored glasses. :crazy:

• 2 weeks later...