Sixx Will Nix Playmates Pix Stick-Like Vixen

RonJonSurfer

Well,I stay away from personal attacks on here because that is VERY boring.

You stay away from personal attacks???

Yeah, right.

People who are sickening? Like rap artists and those who feel it's ok for them to be in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?

...in a thread about Nikki Sixx and Kate Moss and in which rap had not hitherto been mentioned???

You refer to me (implicitly) as "sickening", yes..."SICKENING"; by way of riposte, I hint that perhaps you may be "boring", (because you have revived an old argument with no obvious justification other than your own gratification).

Vacate the moral high ground: you have no call to be there.

As I stated before "the dogs may still be barking, but this caravan has moved on".

He says, "No more playmates. I'm on my knees begging for Kate Moss. Why'd you think I'm in London? I'm stalking her."

This sounds like something maybe Dr Phil should be contacted about...have Nikki on his show and talk about his obsession and well why he is such jerk! :grin:

Just the thought of Nikki and Dr Phil getting into a heated chat is funny!

You stay away from personal attacks???

Yeah, right.

...in a thread about Nikki Sixx and Kate Moss and in which rap had not hitherto been mentioned???

You refer to me (implicitly) as "sickening", yes..."SICKENING"; by way of riposte, I hint that perhaps you may be "boring", (because you have revived an old argument with no obvious justification other than your own gratification).

Vacate the moral high ground: you have no call to be there.

As I stated before "the dogs may still be barking, but this caravan has moved on".

I don't see how that was a personal attack on you since you were never mentioned. It was a joke and nothing more. Many others were mentioned besides Nikki Sixx and Kate Moss in this thread yet I didn't see you complaining about that. It seems you and others have a problem with me every since I arrived and that is fine. I didn't come here to make friends and if my views or comments rub you the wrong way that's too bad. I can assure you I get messages almost every day from people who feel the same as I do but they can't voice their opinions in the threads out of fear of being made fun of or bullied by some posters on here. If you wish to try and do the same thing to me it won't get you very far because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. But if you and your "clique" wish to continue with this I can assure you I am up for it. But maybe it can be done in private so not to bore those who come here to discuss music. Sorry Lucky but I had to respond.

ah, Mr. Fitter, it's a joke. We can all laugh at ourselves, as well as others, can we not? ;)

Indeed we can, and indeed I do, a-plenty.

blue made a provocative remark, by way of a joke, and invited a rejoinder, which I duly provided, by way of a joke. Hence the ;)

I didn't actually say "blue, you're boring", I merely suggested it as a possibility, following his unnecessary exhumation of the "anti-rap debate" (which is boring, isn't it?) and his inviting question, "Oh brother, what have I done?"

What I object to, if anything, is blue's sudden seizure of the moral high ground, as if to suggest he has been badly treated. It is disingenuous to suggest that his remark should not be taken personally, simply because no names were mentioned. Anti-rap sentiments had not previously featured in this thread- he chose to introduce them. He might have singled out "rap artists" for his codemnation (which would have been unnecessary and tedious in itself) but chose to add "all those who advocate their inclusion in the R'n'R Hall Of Fame" as well, knowing full well that that includes some fellow SongFactors.

And yet those people are described as "sickening".

"Sickening" is a strong word, normally reserved for the absolute detritus of society: rapists, child-molesters, Spandau Ballet. "Boring" on the other hand is a common trait, to which most of us are susceptible at some time or another.

I don't see how that was a personal attack on you since you were never mentioned.

Why did you even mention people who support hip-hop artists consideration for the Hall of Fame? Why did you describe those people as "sickening"? You could have said "modern day rap artists" and left it at that, but no....

It was a joke and nothing more. Many others were mentioned besides Nikki Sixx and Kate Moss in this thread yet I didn't see you complaining about that.

I've never even heard of Nancy Whoever, and frankly, I wasn't even interested in the thread until I noticed your opportunistic insult towards me and my sickening kind.

It seems you and others have a problem with me every since I arrived and that is fine.I didn't come here to make friends and if my views or comments rub you the wrong way that's too bad.

On the first point: no, not really. On the whole: you overestimate your significance in my life.

I can assure you I get messages almost every day from people who feel the same as I do but they can't voice their opinions in the threads out of fear of being made fun of or bullied by some posters on here. If you wish to try and do the same thing to me it won't get you very far because I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. But if you and your "clique" wish to continue with this I can assure you I am up for it. But maybe it can be done in private so not to bore those who come here to discuss music. Sorry Lucky but I had to respond.

Lots of my favourite people here are not rap/hip-hop-fans, it doesn't affect our ability to get on famously. (As a matter of fact, I have no claim to be a great fan of the genre: having only about a dozen hip-hop albums in my collection- Beasties, Public Enemy, Disposable Heroes of Hiphoprisy, Cypress Hill, etc). I'm not particularly surprised that you receive supportive comments for your virulent "anti-rap" stance: it's not a popular genre round these parts. What is perhaps objectionable, and the reason I repeatedly stick up for hip-hop, is your insistence that the genre is worthless and that people who do like that sort of music are somehow lesser people as a result. Churlish though I may occasionally be, I am not wont to condemn whole groups of people on account of their music taste, just because these aren't shared by me. Some of my best friends are Duran Duran fans!

Do please let me know which clique I belong to. I've never been in a clique before- it sounds like fun.

In future, if any of your secret contacts voices concerns about my conduct towards them, please urge them to PM me, so that I can demonstrate to them what a harmless fun guy I actually am.

Sorry Lucky, but I just had to respond.

Edited by Guest
Nothing personal, but this conversation wasn't going anywhere good.