early beatles vs late beatles

Batman

I love pre and post. I don´t know if I could choose. There are amazing songs in their pre-Rubber Sould albums, that´s what made them The Beatles. Rubber Soul is a masterpiece for me. There are also great songs in the White Album, Abbey Road, some in Let it be or MMT, or singles and B-sides.

I will go for pre, just for the fresh and revolutionnary air they brought in the black and white early sixties.

I can't chose. The early Beatles changed the music world but that had to do with not only their music but also their appearance,ect. Without The Beatles from those early days other groups who followed may not have gotten the chance. But as far as their music as a whole,there is no comparison. Later stuff is better. Oooops,I think maybe I just chose.

I can't chose. The early Beatles changed the music world but that had to do with not only their music but also their appearance,ect. Without The Beatles from those early days other groups who followed may not have gotten the chance. But as far as their music as a whole,there is no comparison. Later stuff is better. Oooops,I think maybe I just chose.

You can expect a visit from John Lennon's ghost tonight , then . He'll straighten you out ! :jack:

I can't vote, I enjoy both, and early Beatles is what I was exposed to at the young age of 4 so I listened to it all the time and when my aunt gave me her albums of all the early Beatles I was thrilled. And then when I was around 11 or so I found the later Beatles and thought wow this is cool and trippy and just awesome. So there is no way I could say I love one better than the other, I have days when I want to hear early and days when I want to hear the later. How their sound changed and grew as the later Beatles is more mature, giving them a grown-up sound so to speak but the early Beatles is enjoyable, even though some feel it to be to pop-ish. They are The Beatles, love it all!!

I can't vote, I enjoy both, and early Beatles is what I was exposed to at the young age of 4 so I listened to it all the time and when my aunt gave me her albums of all the early Beatles I was thrilled. And then when I was around 11 or so I found the later Beatles and thought wow this is cool and trippy and just awesome. So there is no way I could say I love one better than the other, I have days when I want to hear early and days when I want to hear the later. How their sound changed and grew as the later Beatles is more mature, giving them a grown-up sound so to speak but the early Beatles is enjoyable, even though some feel it to be to pop-ish. They are The Beatles, love it all!!

And thus it makes sense that they broke up when they did - there was nothing else to offer but funeral dirges .

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I voted late, but there are three time periods for The Beatles: Pre Rubber soul, from Rubber Soul to Sgt. Pepper and Post Sgt. Pepper... The first one is commercial pop, catchy tunes, money factories, not that there's anything wrong with that... The second one is the time of experiments, you know, "let's see how weird we can get", Rubber Soul and Revolver are great, but sgt. Pepper is just too much!! The third can really be called a mature stage for them, just great songs, great albums, some simple but hell great though!! Last album Abbey Road is just a confirmation to me of what I just said...

I vote early Beatles because of the music. Lyrically, the later Beatles material was more thoughtful and mature but musically, they wrote more clunkers than they did in their early days.

There was just something so fresh and optimistic about their early music before they became jaded and cynical.

A difficult choice, but I stand firmly in the Edna/Rayzor camp.

• 2 weeks later...

Early!! I seriously think sometimes the great intensity of the other songs out weighs the more genius of the later stuff.

I'd take I Should Have Known Better over Come Together any old day.

Don't get me wrong, I love the later stuff with all my heart, but man.... those early songs get me everytime!

And I included Rubber Soul in with "pre rubber soul" simply because it's my favorite :)