Eagles charge £1000

Farin

[big]Eagles charge £1000[/big]

[smaller](Friday October 12, 2007 04:47 PM) yahoo.co.uk[/smaller]

The Eagles are to play a rare live show in London, charging almost £1000 (US$2037) per ticket.

The reformed rock legends are set to release a new studio album, "Long Road Out Of Eden", their first in almost 30 years, later this month.

To coincide with the record, the seminal line-up of Glenn Frey, Timothy B Schmit, Don Henley and Joe Walsh, play the Indigo2 venue on October 31.

The concert, which takes place inside the O2 Arena, is described as a "once in a lifetime gig", according to an Eagles spokeswoman.

Priced at £950(US$1935) per ticket, the capacity of the gig is 2,300. "Long Road Out of Eden" is due for release on October 29.

I wonder who it is that sets prices for concerts. Like with the Miley Cyrus thing, I can't imagine she's the one who came up with the pricing scheme for her shows. I also wonder if the artists are even aware of the outrageous prices some of these venues charge for their fans to see them...

Without looking the exact information up, I know that for the Hell Freezes Over Tour, those were, at the time, the highest ever charged for a concert ticket. The promoters are responsible for the high prices for the most part, but the band definately has input. The Eagles think a lot of themselves.

If it truly is going to be a performance for only 2300 people, that would account for the prices a bit, that's a pretty small crowd for such a huge band, and might make it worth it to an extent. But I don't understand the use of 20,000 seat arena, for only 2300, so I wonder if that is correct?

Interesting to me, is that apparently the ice in Hell has melted a bit, and it's not frozen anymore. Don Felder is apparently NOT involved in this release. No big surprise, since his tell all book that they have fought about for years is about to be released in the UK. :P

Although I think it's ridiculous for anyone to pay over $100 to see a band that was only in it's prime 30 years ago, I'll have to rain on the parade for the original post for it needs to be edited.

The tickets are not available to the public. They're only available to members of the music industry.

You can read all about it here from BBC News. I think it's safe to say that BBC News is a reputable news source. :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7041500.stm

Even if it´s for the members of the music industry (it should be for the stars of the music industry... there´s plenty of people working in the music industry who won´t afford that concert) it´s ridiculous. Unless it´s a benefit concert or something... I guess the audience will be plenty of McCartneys, Elton Johns, Bransons, etc.

Even though The Eagles are my all time favorite group I would never pay that to see them. I didn't pay the $300 per ticket,or whatever it was,for the Hell Freezes Over tour. But if they or any artist can make that kind of money on a tour,more power to them. It is ridiculous but I doubt if any of us,if in the same position as them,would turn it down.

No way would I pay this for any artist. Not even Janis, or to see The Beatles...all of them, no way. And I like The Eagles, but this is ridiculous. Prices like this for tickets makes some fans wonder about their favorite artist. An artist can make money without ridiculous ticket prices, look at The Stones...biggest tour of 2007 and their prices weren't so high. This is just wacked! :P