Not Again: 24 Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

Farin

Not Again: 24 Great Films Too Painful To Watch Twice

a very interesting list with youtube clips for most of them

I myself don't know too many of the films, but those I do know, including Boys don't Cry, Dancer in the Dark, When the wind blows and especially Lilja 4-ever, I have only watched once and have absolutly no desire to have a repeat performance :crazy:

even more so in the case of Irreversible I don't even want to watch that one once :crazy: :P

what do you think of them? and are there maybe other examples? :)

Oh, crap. This is supposed to be 24 "great" films?! HAhahaha. About seven or eight of them wouldn't even rank as "good" to anyone who's seen more than 24 films. How about Andy Warhol's Empire (24 hour movie edited in real time); Bela Tarr's Satantango (7.5 hours); Sergei Bondarchuk's War And Peace (6.5 hours); R.W. Fassbinder's Berlin Alexanderplatz (15 hours); Nelson Pereira dos Santos's Vidas Secas, Robert Bresson's Mouchette, and Alan Clarke's Scum and Elephant (movies with no music score). Your arse will be literally in pain if you sit the whole way through. However, I will watch Satantango twice over 30 minutes of Requiem For A Dream :rockon:

They meant the Gus Van Sant movie about the high school shooters - that one is also called Elephant. The one I'm referring to is from the late 80s and was directed by Alan Clarke. Gus Van Sant stated the Alan Clarke movie was one of his influences (and you can see this by the tracking shot style). It also emulated Bela Tarr's Satantango when it came to intertwining timelines (i.e. seeing the same sequence from different perspectives). Gus Van Sant's Elephant can be seen as "vibrant" and "dynamic" when compared to Alan Clarke and Bela Tarr. All these films should be seen at least once :beatnik:

• 3 years later...