The Beatles

Mike

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've had different faves at different times in my life (no pun intended? ;) )

They include

In My Life: of course! Sang this one to my son in the womb nearly every day. Strikes a particularly melancholy note for me these days, as many places/people are changed or gone from my life).

Here Comes the Sun: One my mama sang to me as a child to cheer me up...and it still does. Makes me smile when I hear it and think of her singing the "do-dah do-doo" part :)

I Saw Her Standing There: When I was just 17 and had the hugest crush on Paul

Hey Jude: Literally the first song my son learned to sing. At 15 months old he was doing the "Na-na-na-nahs" and just a few months later started with the lyrics. He's a musical genius ;) :grin:

Of course I never got to see The Beatles live but there is a band that is called Beatlemania that travels around playing Beatles music. Not as good of course but not a bad imatation. Anyway,I went to see them a couple years ago and they played for over a hour but never played "Hey Jude". They left the stage and people,including myself began to chant "Hey Jude","Hey Jude" so they came back out and did the song as their encore. I finally got to sway back and forth and sing the "na-na-na-nah's" prentending it was the 60's and I was at a Beatles concert.Except without a cigarette lighter of course because of the fire laws of today :P.

Imitators , eh ? Well , John , George ,Paul and Ringo are all alive and well on my island ... though... er ... slightly modified, of course , to preserve their lives . John has been crossed with a mongoose , George a panda , Paul is slightly ... 'ferrety' , and Ringo is , of course , partly elephant . We are taking very good care of them though and they still play once in awhile when we can get them to get along ...

Your friend in the pursuit of science ,

Dr . Moreau

Imitators , eh ? Well , John , George ,Paul and Ringo are all alive and well on my island ... though... er ... slightly modified, of course , to preserve their lives . John has been crossed with a mongoose , George a panda , Paul is slightly ... 'ferrety' , and Ringo is , of course , partly elephant . We are taking very good care of them though and they still play once in awhile when we can get them to get along ...

Your friend in the pursuit of science ,

Dr . Moreau

It's much too early to try and decipher all that but I am surprised John is a mongoose. After all he did say,and I quote,"I am the walrus."

• 2 weeks later...