The Beatles

Mike

Probably the most universally liked band in history!

And always will be.

The most difficult of all the bands I like, for me to pick a favorite song. Because there are so many favorites of mine.

But, if I had to. If I really had to pick a favorite.

I would pick Dear Prudence. But I'm not sure exactly why, it just is.

Incidently, from what I read many years ago, it is Julian Lennnon's favorite Beatles song also.

So.. I ask you, if you had to pick one. Just one.

What is your favorite Beatles song?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is kind of a mean question for a die hard Beatles fan such as myself :puppyeyes:

Just one huh...it so depends on my mood. Believe it or not I think I have to go with A Little Help From My Friends.

That is the best song Ringo ever did then or now IMHO. They should have let him sing more songs like that one. I love the sound of his voice.

I had to think hard on this and was going to go with I'm Only Sleeping. An easier question would have been which is my least favorite :D

Edited by Guest

From October 1962 to May 1970, The Beatles released 186 self-penned tunes.

I have listed in order, my favourites of all 185 (sans 'Revolution 9'). I repeat, in order!

pinkfloyd197 - Dear Prudence #42 on my list.

edna - In My Life #112 on my list

Laurie - "Let It Be" #116 on my list

daslied - Long, Long, Long #174 on my list

The Seeker - She Said She Said #68 on my list

Sweet Jane 61 - I Will #114 on my list

Sweet Jane 61 - In My Life #112 on my list

Sweet Jane 61 - Love Me Do #36 on my list

envisablepuppet - With a Little Help From My Friends #48 on my list

CanAm - All My Loving #139 on my list

blue_n_white #4 on my list

What is your favorite Beatles song?

You'll just have to find out here ----> What is this? Is this absolutely necessary? There are already hundreds of Beatles lists! ENOUGH!

Oh, and if anyone doesn't care to check out the link, my fav is "Rain." Number two is "Old Brown Shoe," and number three - "Your Mother Should Know." Yes, at times I have heteroclite tastes.

;)

Edited by Guest

Congrats on that B&W....

This subject really is "mission impossible".

If I had to pick one, it would probably be "If I Fell". Simply beause, way back when I used to sing in one of the bands i was in that did this song, I had to learn Johns part (the sub harmony), That proved to be a-bit of challenge for me. I sang the low parts on "From me to You" also. So both songs seem to come mind first just for that reason....

Jim

I think the Beatles are the only band with whose songs I associate so many different memories... I can't listen to any of their songs without feeling 10 or 13 or 17 again and being reminded of whatever happened at the time when I first heard that song, or listened to it the most. It's like this with no other band. Then again, no other band has stayed with me as long as the Beatles.

(and now I'll just wait for you people growing up in the 60s and 70s to make fun of me ;) )

I think the Beatles are the only band with whose songs I associate so many different memories... I can't listen to any of their songs without feeling 10 or 13 or 17 again and being reminded of whatever happened at the time when I first heard that song, or listened to it the most. It's like this with no other band. Then again, no other band has stayed with me as long as the Beatles.

(and now I'll just wait for you people growing up in the 60s and 70s to make fun of me ;) )

Must be tough trying to remember way back when you were 10,13 or 17 when you are 20. Wait till your 45. :laughing:. But I will say that music,unlike anything else,reminds me of things that have happened in my life. When a certain song comes on,it takes me back in time to whatever expierence I connect that song to. That's what music is all about :thumbsup:.