Britney Spears Will Temporarily Lose Custody of Her Children

Mike

LOS ANGELES — Britney Spears will temporarily lose custody of her two toddler sons to ex-husband Kevin Federline, sources told FOXNews.com ahead of the official ruling expected later Monday.

Commissioner Scott Gordon will order the boys, 2-year-old Sean Preston and 1-year-old Jayden James, turned over to Federline based on information that Los Angeles Family Court received over the weekend about Spears, the sources told FOXNews.com.

During Monday's custody hearing, Spears' former bodyguard accused the pop star of having "issues of nudity and drug use" since she returned from rehab, and reports of a planned "hit" on Federline emerged.

The bodyguard's attorney, the high-profile Los Angeles lawyer Gloria Allred, said in a press conference Monday that Spears' attorney chose not to cross-examine the bodyguard, who has been described as a "secret witness" against Spears in her custody battle with Federline.

The bodyguard, Tony Barretto, filed a declaration in the custody battle which alleges "nudity, drug use and safety issues post-rehab."

Allred said Barretto was prepared to testify under oath Monday, but neither the court nor Spears' attorneys chose to cross-examine him. She said his declaration went "unrefuted and unchallenged."

Barretto started working for Spears when she got out of rehab, and was fired on May 17 because, Allred said, "He did not hear her when he was asked to pick up her hat."

Barretto, himself the father of young children, came forward because while working for Spears, he became "very concerned" about the safety of her two boys, according to Allred.

Federline's lawyer, Mark Vincent Kaplan, said he was in court Monday because of a declaration that had been filed by him and because he wanted to be available should his client be cross-examined.

The ruling giving Federline temporary custody of his and Spears' children was expected to be handed down in Los Angeles Family Court later Monday afternoon.

Meanwhile, "Entertainment Tonight" reported that the FBI and the LAPD are investigating legitimate leads on a contract hit on Federline's life.

Multiple sources told "ET" that the FBI made attempts to contact Federline to inform him of the potential danger. The FBI reportedly told "ET" that the bureau could not confirm or deny an investigation.

TMZ.com said reports of an FBI investigation into a plot to kill Federline are completely untrue — but an LAPD investigation was conducted in the past.

According to LAPD, the department opened an investigation into a threat on Federline's life nearly two months ago, but the case was closed due to insufficient evidence.

TMZ also spoke with the L.A. spokesperson for the FBI, who blasted reports claiming that the FBI ever confirmed anything about a K-Fed investigation.

"The information on the Internet on these reports is not accurate. It did not come from the FBI at all," TMZ quoted the spokesperson as saying.

Spears married Federline in October 2004. She filed for divorce last November; it became official on July 30.

The two have had joint custody of sons Sean Preston, who turned 2 on Friday, and Jayden James, who turned 1 on Wednesday. Federline reportedly has been fighting to gain full custody of the two boys.

Kaplan said the custody battle would go on at least until the end of the year, and that two court dates were set, one in November and one in December.

He also said Federline is not seeking to modify his current monetary awards.

"All of these frenzied reports that he’s seeking custody related to money — they sound interesting but they’re not accurate," he said.

Spears gave a disastrous performance last week in her opening act at the MTV Video Music Awards, which was followed by more purported photos of her without underwear hitting the Internet.

She has an album due in stores on Nov. 13.

Foxnews

I too feel sorry for the kids. They will be the ones who will eventually pay for all of this. Who knows what they have seen already in their lives,from both parents. Britney is without a doubt out of control but K-Fed is a hanger on,with no future other than getting money from her if he gets to keep the kids. People ask why somebody didn't step forward for the kids sake but Britney surrounded herself with people,like this bodyguard,who would tell her anything in order to share the high life with her. They didn't care about her or the kids. Britney had it all and wanted more. She had a career,money,fame,the party life,but she wanted to be married and have kids. When you are 20 something and achieved the level of success she enjoyed,kids and married life can be hard to manage,especially when you are married to a loser. I never thought she had a lot of talent but she used what she had and was very successfull. Now it appears she has lost it all.

I can't help but feel bad for her. She's been a money-making machine since she was just little. She's been surrounded by people who don't give a bat's a** about her, but want to have fun spending her money - not a one of them was a true friend. It's gotta drive a person nuts always wondering if they want to be around you for YOU or for your money.

She hung on to her sanity longer than I could have.

I heard somewhere that she brings in like $700,000 a month so she is a money making machine. But I can't bring myself to feel bad for her. I don't wish any ill will for her or anybody but she did bring most of this on herself. I think it's a case of too much too young. And when you make that kind of money,you're going to have the hangers-on trying to suck every last penny they can out of you. Really,the "Brat Pack" of Brit,Paris,Lindsey,ect.,ect., make me sick and there are times I wish they would all just go away.