Musicians, what are you playing....

johnny

This is just like the other topics except it's what are you learning/playing on whatever instrument you playing.

You might be learning the solo to "Whole Lotta Love" on guitar....

You could be playing drums to "Burn" by Deep Purple....

Or maybe the bass to "My Generation"....

So lets hear it guys, what are you playing....?

I much prefer nylon strings to steel for acoustic guitars. They let you do real vibrato and are much better suited to finger picking. They also don't have that percussive clicking sound which annoys me on steel strings. It can, of course, be used for good, to add bite to the start of notes, but for all purpose playing I prefer nylon strings.

Edited by Guest

A friend and I have decided we might descend upon a local "open mic" session to render a few choice numbers. We are currently working on "Psycho", which I always thought was by Australian country / blues combo The Beasts Of Bourbon, but is in fact a much older song, which has also been covered by Elvis Costello on his "Almost Blue" album.

Me and my mate have never played together before, and I'm a bit rusty: it's a bit of a struggle playing and vocalising at the same time. :blush:

Dunno if this "open mic" will ever come to pass, but if it does, I'll let you know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...