So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

I have people buried in both.

In Custer SD in the cafe there is/was a mural of one of my ancestors being shoot in the back over a poker game.

:laughing: :laughing: Who were your ancestors ? Calamity Jane ? Wyatt Earp ? Wild Bill Hickock ? Sitting Bull ?

I got a picture of Wyatt Earp yesterday. Or rather the actor playing him in the Tombstone shootout. :grin: He was a very serious sort. When I took his photo, and then said, "Perfectly cheesy!" meaning it as a self-deprecating statement about ME being a dumb tourist and all, his response was, "Cheesy? Thanks." And Andy told me I had insulted not only him, but his very existence. :shocked:

I need some rest too... (not wine though... ;) )

I will have two weeks off in August and I need some dolce far niente. My friend says we should go to his place on the beach, he' s got the best music and room for us. But now I find I can' t leave my house for more than some days as we have 3 cats here and I won' t take them with me (oh, I'm fed up with cat-sitting... :P ) I might leave them here for maybe 5 days and ask some friend to come home to see if everything's ok...

My father's best friend died the other day at age 84...that's the same age as my Dad. They had been best friends since age 7...that's right...age 7. For 77 years Joe, (Uncle Joe to me) and my Dad fished, vacationed, hung out, etc. My mother and Joe's wife (she died last year)were even born on the same exact day and year.

Uncle Joe put on backyard fireworks displays that (even though illegal) rocked his neighborhood. Always in a good mood, smiling a ready with laugh...he'll be missed, especially by my Dad.