So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, another niner.

My completely random thought:

TV shows no longer look to the military for comedy. Not that there's anything funny about war, but the fish-out-of-water conditions of army life used to be a go-to formula. There used to be Hogan's Heroes, F-Troop, MASH, and my personal favorite, Private Benjamin. Now, there is no army comedy on TV.

My completely random thought:

TV shows no longer look to the military for comedy. Not that there's anything funny about war, but the fish-out-of-water conditions of army life used to be a go-to formula. There used to be Hogan's Heroes, F-Troop, MASH, and my personal favorite, Private Benjamin. Now, there is no army comedy on TV.

I noticed that, too. I think it's because so many people have become "anti-war" that networks are afraid the number of viewers will be too low. Networks also tend to target younger audiences (20-something crowd) & this demographic is the most out-spoken group against the military and the money the US government spends on it. Hard to laugh at something you won't watch... :crazy:

• 1 month later...

The chance of a "Shawn" being female is exactly equivalent to that of a "Tracy" being male.

I know a Shawn. And he is, indeed, male. His wife is my best friend. It's a mess when I write them an email, since I'm constantly sticking an "a" on the end of his name. :crazy:

Am I a bad person for refusing to throw money in the Salvation Army kettle if the bell ringer is busy looking at his phone?

Yes. Yes, you are. Bad. Bad. Bad!

Your only course of atonement is to volunteer with the S.A. to be a kettle bell ringer for them.

(If you get bored doing so, just glance occasionally at your iPhone for messages.)

Am I a bad person for refusing to throw money in the Salvation Army kettle if the bell ringer is busy looking at his phone?

No, I don't think you're a bad person. You sent me a lovely SF tee-shirt once (twice) and you're running a place I call my home. :cool:

The guy from the S.A. should show some respect. I'm not supposed to be knitting or texting when I talk with the customers. Even if he works as a volunteer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a thought here:

When you buy a TV, it comes with all kinds of hookups and compatibility enhancers, but one thing it doesn't come with is an antenna.

Why? Probably because if folks realized they could get crystal-clear HD TV signals directly over the air, they might not spend $100+ per month on cable or satellite service. You can get an antenna for something like $30, so it wouldn't add that much to the price.

• 4 weeks later...

Have any of you ever known or lived with someone who is constantly complaining about health issues? Day after day, it's something...so much so that you have absolutely no sympathy left for them? That is what I'm going through. This person has had real health issues, so I do feel guilty about being so impatient, but every day it's a headache, or a rapid heartbeat, or a stomachache, and every day she acts like she doesn't know what to do, when she does, she just wants to be babied....it drives me NUTS!