So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

yeah, I went to the doctor for a regular checkup, and she decided because "you've hit that age now where" I need a tetanus shot, a flu shot, a colonoscopy, a brainiotomy, a fluid checkup, an oil change.... the tetanus shot was the worst. I'm wondering what the oil change will be like.

Age is a number. I heard someone saying that she was turning 42 and felt like she was rotting from the inside out. I felt very sad for her. I will 42 in less than a month and although I'm not 20 anymore, and will never be again, I still feel like I have a lot of life to live. You only rot when you let your mind rot, and I don't intend to.

Jenny, I fully agree. I'll be 57 in December and still feel like if I was 25. Maybe even better... gila and doing things people younger than me don't do anymore.

It's in the heart, in the soul, in the brain... ;)

(well, in case you're healthy, of course...)

I'm not old either. I'm only 270 puppy-years old. :grin:

I would barely be ready for drinking as far as fine wines go! :haveabeer: (Scotch perhaps)

Hmmm... maybe you need a drink Radhi? Calm your nerves a little. :laughing:

I know I'm old because I can now legally drink in India :crazy:

25!?!?! :puppyeyes: :crazy: :mad: :thumbsdown:

Are they trying to dehydrate everyone down there? Is the government sick of the massive population? A boy could die of thirst in that country! Lucky for them it isn't a frigid country... :soapbox:

Worldwide legal age should be 15. Most kids are drinking by then anyway... :haveabeer:

Worldwide legal age should be 15. Most kids are drinking by then anyway... :haveabeer:

You can get your learner's permit in this country at 15; you think it smart to let 15-year-old's who don't even have a driver's license yet get legally hammered? As someone who has lost a dear friend to a drunk driver, I would very much NOT like to lower the drinking age to encompass even more morons than already drink and decide to get behind the wheel of a car.

15-year-olds can't vote, they can't even hold a job yet in some places, they can't drive....yet they should be able to drink?!

No, no, and furthermore, NO.

You can get your learner's permit in this country at 15; you think it smart to let 15-year-old's who don't even have a driver's license yet get legally hammered? As someone who has lost a dear friend to a drunk driver, I would very much NOT like to lower the drinking age to encompass even more morons than already drink and decide to get behind the wheel of a car.

15-year-olds can't vote, they can't even hold a job yet in some places, they can't drive....yet they should be able to drink?!

No, no, and furthermore, NO.

12 year-olds drive here too. They steal cars and go street racing. They don't have a licence but they don't care. I was making that same point with alcohol consumption. I didn't say I approved but rather that kids do it anyway and oddly enough they don't care about the law while breaking it! :crazy:

I'm sure in some parts of this world, 12-year-olds do drugs and have sex, but that doesn't mean we should legalize all hard drugs and lower the age of consent to barely below puberty.

While the argument can be made that there's a lot of people 21 and older who don't have the intelligence to drink responsibly, there's an even bigger argument to be made that 15-year-olds are even less likely to be able to drink responsibly. Not to mention, they're still children in the eyes of the law. You haven't reached majority status until you're 18. If you want to lower the drinking age to 18, I wouldn't necessarily argue against that, because at least 18-year-olds are legally adults. However, having been 15 at one point in my life, and seeing my sister go through 15....there's no way in scratch I'd want people that immature, irresponsible, and ignorant consuming alcoholic beverages.