So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

now here's a random thought for you:

"That’s a neat coincidence I’ve never noticed before— A cubic mile happens to be almost exactly 4×π×r^2 cubic kilometers, so a sphere with a radius of X kilometers has the same volume as a cube that’s X miles on each side."

via http://what-if.xkcd.com/4/

"That’s a neat coincidence I’ve never noticed before— A cubic mile happens to be almost exactly 4×π×r^2 cubic kilometers, so a sphere with a radius of X kilometers has the same volume as a cube that’s X miles on each side."

A form of consensus among the systems .... finally.

Where's Kevin when we need him?

To hold your hand 'cause you are as freaked out and unsettled by that information as I am ? Could be made up for all I know. :D No problem, bud -as I haven't a clue what it means , nor can bring my mind around to want to know as well . :laughing:

For Rocky if it still applies: The word 'honeymoon' has it's origin in the ancient practice of the bride's father providing the groom with mead for a full cycle of the moon from the time of marriage .Hope those kegs have been rolling in daily , Rocky . ;)

Edited by Guest

The last 3 days in Pittsburgh was fun...it was nice seeing our daughter graduate...both girls now with college degrees, awesome!....never knew Pittsburg was so hilly and all these winding narrow roads and bridges and tunnels!...we only got lost once...everyone we met was sooooo nice though...we had fun even if it rained the whole time...

I love Pittsburgh. Being only a 90-ish minutes away, I get there somewhat often. I always get a kick out of getting out of the Squirrel Hill Tunnel on 22 and in a little while seeing the huge mess of overpasses, underpasses, exits, and bridges that is downtown Pittsburgh. :)

Kevin Said:

To hold your hand 'cause you are as freaked out and unsettled by that information as I am ? Could be made up for all I know. No problem, bud -as I haven't a clue what it means , nor can bring my mind around to want to know as well .

No...I meant for you to ^^Dork^^ him.

For Rocky if it still applies: The word 'honeymoon' has it's origin in the ancient practice of the bride's father providing the groom with mead for a full cycle of the moon from the time of marriage .Hope those kegs have been rolling in daily , Rocky . ;)

The honeymoon was awesome. And filled with a LOT of alcohol.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish I had one more room in my house. I have to work in the living-room as a friend is living with us and stays in the roon where we used to work.

So when there's three friends or more in the living room I have to wear headphones to write or listen to music or just have some peace.

I've listened to "The Sounds of Silence" five times on a row... there goes the sixth...

• 2 weeks later...

I get this:

#1 Hotel California - Eagles

#2 Pumped Up Kicks - Foster the People

#3 In The Air Tonight - Phil Collins

#4 Zero - The Smashing Pumpkins

#5 I Am The Walrus - The Beatles

#6 Imagine - John Lennon

#7 Rolling In The Deep - Adele

#8 Brick - Ben Folds Five

#9 A Tout Le Monde - Megadeth

#10 Happy - The Rolling Stones

here's my random thought/question.

Is sense of humor a product of upbringing, environment, something totally due to genetics/personality, or hereditary? (much like taste in music, I wonder if it's the same with a sense of humor/what makes people laugh)

I think it's a little of everything...

There are some things my dad finds hilarious but I think is just dumb, while I might find something else funny but my family doesn't. Then there are the "inside jokes" which can only be understood/appreciated by family and close friends. Your upbringing will only bring your sense of humor so far, then genetics take over and add to it. Your personality will then fill what's left of the void.

what got me thinking about it is the old "Seinfeld" episode where Jerry, a comedian, goes on a date with a woman who's a knockout, but has absolutely no sense of humor. He says something funny and she just looks at him.

I know I have my dad's sense of humor, but I also know that it didn't develop as much in that direction until I was in my 20s. So why don't I have my mom's sense of humor so much? Or my sister's? She was raised in the same environment, we've got the same genes. Weird.

Girls are really hard to pin down... when it comes to a sense of humour. I was having lunch with a girl I fancy and the conversation turned to one of my favourite cartoons, Regular Show, and how I refer to one of my brothers as "Rigby." She rolled her eyes at the thought of watching that cartoon!

Rigby-Lmao-regular-show-15714673-313-333

Regular Show is one of the funniest shows on the tellie! There are some things we can both share laughs, but that's mainly because I enjoy all sorts of comedy, so we're bound to have something in common. Otherwise, if I just had her sense of humour, lunch woulda been over as soon as the waiter came in to ask if we needed a refill of lemonade :beatnik:

• 1 month later...

I'm old enough to miss being 18-19 and spending all my time on SF playing Wheel of Fortune with Farin and The Seeker in our silly attempts to get our post counts up to unimaginable levels. And I miss our pointless conversations littered throughout this forum. Le sigh.