So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

His identity should have been sealed from the press since day one. The guy is already media famous beyond anything he could have hoped for as a member of the scientific community. I read that he ".. now holds the record for U.S. mass murder attack."

And responsible people wonder why these acts of horror are perpetrated ...

...instead, the media are still crawling around the neighborhood (my brother's - where the parents still live), as they have been since yesterday morning before dawn.

This makes two killers in the past two years who have come out of that high school. The other was a kid who killed his mom and sister on Christmas Eve. He and his sister both went to that same school and lived 2 blocks up from my brother. Whadda neighborhood... Used to be like Mayberry. Now it's like the Apocalypse.

Yeah, but at least the kid that killed his mom & sister was a mental case who snapped from not taking his meds, instead of a cruel, coldly calculating mass freaking murderer. Of which SD has a-plenty anyway! :P There are a whole lot of weirdo's (murderer's and such) here, I will give you that. :P

And Ron, I agree. His identity should not have been released. We have to stop making these guys celebrities. :P

His identity should have been sealed from the press since day one. The guy is already media famous beyond anything he could have hoped for as a member of the scientific community. I read that he ".. now holds the record for U.S. mass murder attack."

Weird. That's not the U.S. record at all. Far from it. How many did that army sergeant psychologist murder at his base? How many were murdered at Virginia Tech? How many were murdered in the Oklahoma federal building?

Of course, if this had been in Iraq or Afghanistan, and the murderer had been a "govt. contractor" for blackwater or halliburton murdering civilians over there, then this would be perfectly sane. Hell, ask yourselves, how many wrong convictions go to death row in the U.S.? :beatnik:

Actually that is the record BA - 58 injured, 12 killed. The next closest was the guy at the Luby's cafe in TX way back in the 90's, 23 killed, 22 injured. Bringing up third place, was a shooting that happened right here in good old SD in 1984 at McDonalds. 21 killed, 19 injured.

I guess they are talking grand totals - criminy. :P

I know. It's totally macabre. Still, I don't think that's the "record for mass murder attack" unless we're not taking into account bombs (OKC bombing and the bombing at Bath, Michigan) or the Branch Dividian compound mass murder (although it wasn't really just one person doing the killing).

Where I live we get upset when 1 person dies. :crazy:

20 murders is our annual death count. Once every few years some nut picks off a dozen people or so, but that normally only happens in the larger cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver). I'll gladly stay here where I don't need to purchase a bulletproof vest to take a walk in the park. :bow:

A friend of mine just moved away from that area a week ago and used to go to that theater.

I try to limit my exposure to these stories, as I don't want too many of my limited brain waves devoted to these psychopaths. But as you guys point out, it's very hard not to look - to try to understand exactly what went wrong.

Here in CT, we had a home invasion story that was in the news for years because of the trials. After a while, I refused to read or hear any more about it.

Where I live we get upset when 1 person dies. :crazy:

20 murders is our annual death count. Once every few years some nut picks off a dozen people or so, but that normally only happens in the larger cities (Toronto, Montreal, Vancouver). I'll gladly stay here where I don't need to purchase a bulletproof vest to take a walk in the park.

I don't need a bulletproof vest to take a walk in the park. If you live your life constantly in fear of everything, you're not living. I grew up in a gang-infested neighborhood in Chicago, Illinois, where drugs were regularly sold in the alley behind our apartment. I was never scared, and neither were my parents. Would they have liked to raise us somewhere else? I don't doubt that, but you live where you can afford to live, and sometimes that's not always in the nicer part of town.

It's a shame you don't want to go "larger cities", all because of something that *might* happen. I *might* get hit by a car, but that doesn't stop me from crossing the street. Constantly being scared of everything....that's how criminals like this shooter victimize people long after they've pulled the trigger. Life's too short for that crap.

It'll be a big thing in my brother's neighborhood long after the national media attention dies down, just because the kid went to school with my nephews. That school, which is a new school, built only in 2003, I think, has graduated 2 murderers, one in 2005, one in 2006.

I think it's time to get the hell outta Dodge. :puppyeyes:

I used to live in a gang-infested neighborhood in Los Angeles. We moved.

Life is too short to spend it living amongst trash and filth who only seem to understand violence

As I pointed out, we lived where my parents could afford for us to live. Once we had the financial stability to move to another neighborhood, we did. There is nothing wrong with living in those neighborhoods if that's the only option available to you short of sleeping on the street. A roof over your head is better than no roof over your head.

What's interesting is that some of those gang members were very nice to my sister and I, and would often watch out for us when we'd be playing in our yard or going trick-or-treating on Halloween. If they saw us outside, they always made sure no one would mess with us. I certainly didn't see them as "trash" or "filth"....and I still don't now. Looking back, they did things I don't approve of, but I was never scared or threatened by them.

Hell, as we speak, this weekend I can assure anyone there will be one or two more murders by one of those "nice gangs." Those subhuman murderers never fail to disappoint :thumbsup:

Related sausage links:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/dunn-364896-officer-police.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/bertagna-364731-victim-gang.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/gonzalez-364720-cena-gang.html

http://www.ocregister.com/news/salazar-364149-gang-springer.html

I try to limit my exposure to these stories, as I don't want too many of my limited brain waves devoted to these psychopaths...

I stopped reading newspapers or watching TV some years ago. Being a journalist I can tell the media lie. Not only I can't believe most of what I read or see or hear, the point is it affects me. Stuff that happens all over the world. I don't have room enough in my brain either... or in my heart...

Of course, what happened is just as shocking as can be and I learnt about that too, you always eventually learn about the devil coming on Earth... :( .

The last 3 days in Pittsburgh was fun...it was nice seeing our daughter graduate...both girls now with college degrees, awesome!....never knew Pittsburg was so hilly and all these winding narrow roads and bridges and tunnels!...we only got lost once...everyone we met was sooooo nice though...we had fun even if it rained the whole time...