So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

When the executive body overules the people then it's time for the government (the people) to rise up and take what our founding fathers promised us:

Peace

Contentment

The well being of all men, young and old

What, or better, when did the priorities get so mixed up? Remember, the government is..."The people, for the people, by the people."

When did the above founding father's statements become like garbage for less than vermin?

"When the people have no more rights, then all rights will be wrong!" - Benjamin Franklin...a founding father!

I've wondered that too. Would he have gone the way of Paul McCartney? Commercializing himself? I'm not sure.

I've always wondered the same thing about Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix. I mean, there are so many great artists who now just seem sad because they've aged so much but still try to keep going (i.e. The Who, Styx), however some have aged gracefully (i.e. Elvis Costello, Tom Petty, Bob Dylan).

I just kind of wonder if those guys would've continued making great music or if they would've just faded out of the spotlight. I mean, everyone is bound to release a bad album or two, even McCartney did. I guess it's true what they say, an artist's best career move is dying early.

Currenty in the Daily Top Ten #2 spot - Go Rest High On That Mountain - Vince Gill

A country song, and not by a current "hot" artist (although a great one). It's a beautiful song, written after the deaths of the talented Keith Whitley & Gill's brother, and it's very often played at funerals. But, in the SF Daily Top Ten? That's odd. I mean it's a great, beautiful song, but not really SF style. Wonder what prompted enough people to hit that song to propel it to #2? He hasn't died or something has he?

edit: Nope, I checked.

I wonder about stuff like that, too, sometimes Lucky. On Songplaces, "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil has racked up far more hits than any other song, and it happened fast. I can't figure out why in the world that particular Songplace has gotten so much attention recently... :crazy:

People are rushing to get their day in court before year's end. And everybody wants their transcripts before the new year. Bad people are my job security. It's a blessing and a curse.

Oh yeah, I've still got my clothesline, because I'm too cheap to fix my dryer. I'm calling it my ghetto dryer.

:grin: I like that.

It would be better if my homeowners association wouldn't fine me for putting a line out on my patio. Then I wouldn't have to string the dang thing through my living room. It's quite a sight.

But then, if I hung clothes out on my patio, homeless people would come by and take them. I used to have two nice pads on my porch swing. One disappeared within the first 2 months I had it. It took almost a year before the second one went missing. They were tied to the swing. I don't think the clothes would last that long.

I've wondered that too. Would he have gone the way of Paul McCartney? Commercializing himself? I'm not sure.

Whaaa...? john was a shrewd, self-promoting sellout whose massive ego could only be matched by that of yoko ono. I've said it before, but john was so in love with himself that he remarried someone who was exactly like him, inside and out. Bigger than jesus, indeed :beatnik: