So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Enough about pussy-cats.

You want a house cat then get a Norwegian Forrest cat. They are extremely beautiful and love their owner.

I had one, his name was Mr. Mess because that is what he made of his prey. His diet consisted mainly on slow birds and squirrels. His favourite, I think, was the occasional chipmunk. He took his time eating one as if he savored every lick.

I never fed him, didn't need to.

Norwegian Forrest cats are natural hunters and luckily I have lots of acres for him to prowl to its heart content. I did make sure his water bowl was always fresh even though he drank from the creek.

We had to put one of my cats on a diet. He's sooooo fat. The other one is a little skinny thing. So it's a delicate ballet keeping the one fed enough and the other fed not too much. The skinny one is continually yelling for food, the fat one just sleeps all the time. :crazy:

We feed our cats organic cat food. I know, I know....it sounds posh, but it's not really. Blue Buffalo makes some very good food for animals (our basset hound eats their dog food), and the amount of money we spend on the food is nothing compared to how much we'd spend in medical bills down the road when they develop health issues from the food they'd been eating for however many years.

Especially cats, who if they're neutered males over seven years of age, are more susceptible to diabetes. So we make sure to feed our male cat a low-carb, high-protein food, even though he's only 1 1/2, just to cut it off at the pass. Speaking of our new kitty, we just took him to the vet today for his wellness check, per the shelter's instructions, and he's as healthy as a horse. :)

We had to put one of my cats on a diet. He's sooooo fat. The other one is a little skinny thing. So it's a delicate ballet keeping the one fed enough and the other fed not too much. The skinny one is continually yelling for food, the fat one just sleeps all the time. :crazy:

You should have the skinny one checked for thyroid tumors Shawna. Our older cat has them and I guess their quite common in cats. Not life threating but at some point will need to removed.

She is an older cat and our rescued one so she has a few issues that causes us to put off the surgery. She is starving all the time and bone thin but we're afraid if she has to have another surgery she may not make it. She has a heart mummer and is quite easily stressed out :(

You should have the skinny one checked for thyroid tumors Shawna. Our older cat has them and I guess their quite common in cats. Not life threating but at some point will need to removed.

Really??? :P :P ...my vet never told me about this. Fifi is skinny as can be and she eats a lot... but she's in shape and seems to be a very happy cat... :P

Stray is an older cat and our vet said it will eventually need to be dealt with for her comfort. We're just afraid she won't do to great with the surgery so we put it off. On the other hand, she's not getting any younger or healthier either :(