So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

So, since I need a new monitor I took a look around Amazon marketplace and I couldn't believe my eyes: there was indeed some firm who were selling many different monitors for ridiculously low prices. Of course I tried to buy one of them, but at least a dozen or so were already 'sold out from that vendor' when I clicked purchase.

I DID finally get one: a 26" Samsung, which according to the reviews was a very high-quality product for people who are doing image processing for a living...

average price from other vendors and amazon themselves: 1000-1200€

price I purchased it for: 23.95€ + 21.00€ shipping

sadly they contacted me a couple minutes later... it was just a software error on their part :P

So, since I need a new monitor I took a look around Amazon marketplace and I couldn't believe my eyes: there was indeed some firm who were selling many different monitors for ridiculously low prices. Of course I tried to buy one of them, but at least a dozen or so were already 'sold out from that vendor' when I clicked purchase.

I DID finally get one: a 26" Samsung, which according to the reviews was a very high-quality product for people who are doing image processing for a living...

average price from other vendors and amazon themselves: 1000-1200€

price I purchased it for: 23.95€ + 21.00€ shipping

sadly they contacted me a couple minutes later... it was just a software error on their part :P

Yesterday that guy sent a mass mail to all purchasers from that time, explaining that if he'd have to sell everything at that price it would effectively ruin him (no surprise there) and that he's offering (almost begging) the products at half of his purchase price...

poor guy :P

Oh pretty. I need to pull out my snowy backyard picture and put it back on my computer at work. I like looking at it when it's 70 degrees in January.

My daughter uploaded my high school sophomore yearbook picture to FB. Good grief. Has anyone ever had a good sophomore picture? That has to be the worst picture year for anyone, anytime. :P Little missy is lucky she's 1800 miles away. ;)

I decided to go ahead and change my avatar and signature now that the cold weather is here and we just had our first measurable snowfall of the season.

At least you aren't representing yourself with a doll who is psychologically damaged by being unloved. Now that is some dark Christmas children's television.

skybluesky and I are within 6 posts of each other. She got 16,963, I've got 16957. Good lord, that's a lot. ;)

I don't know if mine's right though. My registration date has been wrong since the crash. It should read March 04, so my post count could be wrong too. :P

In 2005 sometime. Maybe early 2006, but more than likely right around the time it says I registered, give or take a month or two. If I remember right we were down for like a month (maybe it was a week ;) ), and when it came back it spit, and sputtered, and all sorts of stuff was messed up. :P

Yes, I lost some 500 or 600 posts in the crash of 2007 (or was it in 2006?)... and my registratoion date... which UncleJoe rewrote for me... :):) thank you, Joe :bow: :bow:

I know when I registered exactly cause I remember my first post here, in September 04... :) That's how I met you and stood here ever since... :grin:

Lucky, your first registration was on 02/20/04. (With another name) I just looked in my first old Mac -it keeps things like there was in 2006, when it went into a coma... and still is...- and could find one of your posts... with your Keith Richards avatar... ;)

Your post is from 01/29/05 and by then you had 1641 posts... :cool:

...but if you want to know you can also search now by Members... with your old name... ;)

• 2 weeks later...