So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

work work work work work work work work

The bad thing about having so much work is there's not enough time for Songfacts. :mad:

I think I picked a good profession... there's never a shortage of legal things that need transcribing. Someone suggested I get my fingers insured. :crazy:

I just e-mailed a friend of mine who moved to Maryland a couple of years ago. The shaking woke her up and her dogs were barking and howling, but otherwise, no damage.

On the local news, the weather person said that about 1000 small magnitude earthquakes happen a week, but are never or rarely felt.

I only experienced one in my life when we lived in Colombia. I don't think it was serious, but it shook our house a bit.

Anybody else in the DC/Maryland area feel the earthquake last night? It was a 3.6, so you West Coasters will probably laugh at us, but it woke me up.

I live in Maryland and didn't feel the earthquake. However some of my friends in the Bowie and Pasadena areas claimed it woke them up. Everyone made a fuss about it.

All I could think of is what a Californian would say to them.

"3.6? Hell that's what registers when my phone vibrates"

• 2 weeks later...

Just reading a forum discussion about the "Goat Problem" (aka Monty Hall Problem), and how the human intuition is often wrong...

half of the people there are not to be convinced that what they think is just not correct, but that's okay because it took quite a while before I understood it too ;)

Suppose you're on a game show, and you're given the choice of three doors: Behind one door is a car; behind the others, goats. You pick a door, say No. 1, and the host, who knows what's behind the doors, opens another door, say No. 3, which has a goat. He then says to you, "Do you want to pick door No. 2?" Is it to your advantage to switch your choice?