So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Another one of my friends just got engaged. It's weird to me that I have friends my age getting engaged, married, and even having children (sometimes out of wedlock! :o Kids these days.). That seems like such a distant prospect for me, there are so many other things I want to do first, and even then it's not safe to assume that I ever want to get married and breed (children are nasty little things, generally) at all. Ah well, diff'rent strokes (too soon?) I suppose.

Tim you seriously crack my up sometimes :laughing:

But I do think that people shouldn't even think of marriage until their 25 or so. Kids aren't so bad when their yours either. Theres that whole bonding thing that goes on then you'd be amazed at how your opinion can be changed :D

Just saw a commercial for those rechargeable electronic cigarettes. I see them all the time in the local mall.

They look like a sham but, I wonder if those work...

I considered them at one point, but I quit nearly 2 years ago without a problem, so going back to that would only convince me to start back up eventually.

If you are a smoker at 19, I would suggest trying to quit now and giving it a try. Sometimes they offer those things for free during promotional offers, but I don't know if there's a hidden after-gimmick.

The “guardian call†missive from school was the closest thing you could experience to a letter from the income tax authorities while growing up. If your luck was out, two things could happen. Your parents would either be berated for their ward engaging in that most heinous crime of them all— “talking in class and making it into a fish market†(I went to school in Kolkata as you can tell) or for the equally dire †not up to standard of the class†which was sometimes an euphemism for “Sign the kid up in my coaching centerâ€. If your luck was better, the teacher would gently chide your parents for your “silly mistakes†(like forgetting, just once in a seventeen-step problem, to change the sign when you changed sides in an equation or copying the number wrong to the “Answer†line).

Edited by Guest
No spam links, please.

Random Thoughts' is a column by Gaurang Bhatt, a retired former teacher who reads a lot, writes for pleasure and has interests in evolutionary sciences and medicine particularly the brain. He is an avid student of history and etymology and has a cynical outlook with a wicked sense of humor.

Edited by Guest
No spam links, please.

I considered them at one point, but I quit nearly 2 years ago without a problem, so going back to that would only convince me to start back up eventually.

If you are a smoker at 19, I would suggest trying to quit now and giving it a try. Sometimes they offer those things for free during promotional offers, but I don't know if there's a hidden after-gimmick.

A Co-worker of mine just bought one of those...Our company just went "smoke free" so she bought that electronic cig....She said it didn't help her quit, but it helped satisfy that craving for having one during work hours.

my upstairs neighbor went to the electronic cigarettes, after years of her cigarette smoke blowing in my back door and front door whenever we'd open them. She said, "It doesn't give off any smoke so you won't be able to smell it." :laughing: :laughing:

Either she went back real quick-like, or those things are equally as noxious as the regular type.

A Co-worker of mine just bought one of those...Our company just went "smoke free" so she bought that electronic cig....She said it didn't help her quit, but it helped satisfy that craving for having one during work hours.

That's interesting. I'm not a smoker. Not anymore. I quit awhile ago. I was just curious.