So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

Still not calling it insomnia.

But aaaah how I pity those who take pills to fall asleep. For me the best part is just before when I give myself those 3-4 squares of dark chocolate that little shot of sherry and play Pygmalion by Slowdive. That one hour - it is bliss. If I fall asleep, good. If not - I have Rutti, I have Miranda and I have Blue Skied n' Clear, I don't need anything else I am in heavennnn

What you need to understand, dear Rocky, is that I go to bed at 10. So if I'm up at midnight, that means I only got 2 hours of sleep - IF I fell asleep right away (which is unusual). Because once I'm up, I'm up for the duration. The previous night I got to sleep all the way 'til 2, and the night before, I think I woke up at 2:30. Somewhere between 2 1/2 - 4 hours of sleep for the past 3 nights. I'm not happy.

'Twas only kidding dear Shawna :D

But aaaah how I pity those who take pills to fall asleep. For me the best part is just before when I give myself those 3-4 squares of dark chocolate that little shot of sherry and play Pygmalion by Slowdive. That one hour - it is bliss. If I fall asleep, good. If not - I have Rutti, I have Miranda and I have Blue Skied n' Clear, I don't need anything else I am in heavennnn

Don't pity those who, like myself, take a pill -or a joint- to sleep. We don't feel miserable at all. I enjoy it very much when I do. And I'm not hooked at all, believe me... Sometimes I take nothing, other times I see it's late and I have things to do early in the morning, so long live sleeping pills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You only have to know how to use them so you won't get hooked. They have been a real help for me for years...

LET PROGRESS LEND A HAND.

Optimal bedtime is post 3 a.m.

...not when you have to be up and working at 8 a.m....

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered something -- I graduated from high school 10 years ago today. Where did the time go?! LOL

Same here (don't know if it was this exact date though). I can remember it like it was yesterday though, but sometimes it seems like it was in a past life that is not my own.

Part of the reason I remember the exact date of my graduation, aside from the fact that I still have the program in my yearbook, is that it came exactly 3 weeks after my senior prom. We had Spring Break the week before that, so May 1st was our first day back, May 5th was prom and May 26th was graduation. We crammed a lot in 3 weeks.