So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

My "bill withered" on that one, Mr. Fitter.

I'll quack it for now while wondering what in Sam Hill was Goofy?

Lemme get this straight; Donald, as mentioned, is a duck; Mickey and Minnie are mice; Pluto is their pet dog...But "Goofy?"

What crazed Disney genius put him into the equation?

Alright, so I had to go for an eye test and they prescribed me spectacles as it turns out I am slightly short-sighted (didn't want to admit it, but the glasses really help with things in the far distance like text).

I possibly bought the most expensive pair of frames on the shelf, but now that they are on my face - I am pretty happy :)

Has anyone else noticed their eyesight getting only mildly worse as they "get on" in years? Or will I soon be holding the menu at arm's length to try and make out the soup of the day? :P

I had to start wearing reading glasses a few years back and DH thought it was funny as hell. He used to tease me when ever I put them on.

He didn't think it was so funny when he found himself borrowing mine. I finally made him go get his own because he was stretching mine and they kept falling off my face :laughing:

With much disgruntlement, I have noticed that since I've had my spectacles (2 pair: one for far away, and one for close-up) my eyesight has dwindled considerably without them. I used to be able to see street sign names without them, now I HAVE to wear them or miss my turn. Same with reading, now that I have glasses for close-up, I can barely read books or magazines without them, when I used to be able to - even if it was a little fuzzy. :crazy:

Alright, so I had to go for an eye test and they prescribed me spectacles as it turns out I am slightly short-sighted ....

:D This post was so innocently cute, Sue, that it made me smile.

I believe the term is "near-sighted." "Short-sighted" is a rather derrogatory term for the adjective describing a person's or group's action(s), the long term consequences of which are seemingly unforeseen with possibly terrible far-reaching ramifications to its outcome. No lens in the world can correct this handicap! :cool:

Area defense ships with proven ABM capability concentrating in the Gulf and eastern Med. Ahmadinejad boasting about a terrible message to be delivered to the west on Feb. 11.........

MADE ME THINK OF THIS SONG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcEgUQCt_i4

Alright, so I had to go for an eye test and they prescribed me spectacles as it turns out I am slightly short-sighted (didn't want to admit it, but the glasses really help with things in the far distance like text).

I possibly bought the most expensive pair of frames on the shelf, but now that they are on my face - I am pretty happy :)

Has anyone else noticed their eyesight getting only mildly worse as they "get on" in years? Or will I soon be holding the menu at arm's length to try and make out the soup of the day? :P

My eyesight was eagle's eyesight till five years ago. I became short-sighted -left eye- and I see more than supposed with my right eye. It's such a mess I should wear three different glasses or contact lens on one eye and also one pair of glasses or go through surgery. plus I have glaucoma, but I feel very happy and I take care of my eyes and put my drops everyday since I was 40.

Sue, you must look amazing with glasses... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Just a random "Thank You" to everyone here... For the songs..."Echoes" I think Pinkstones..."Just Can't Satisfied"...Lucky..."Sad Song"...Edna... Spaced? (really good guitar) MT? Anyway...this is in the song list...anything goes...and also...Let The Music do The Talking" not Aerosmith...But whoever sent me the thing... :bow: :guitar:

So, I was out driving today. I get stopped by a redlight, at a street named Seagaze. I was driving along the coast so this is a fitting name. I glanced up at the street sign 3 different times and read it as Shoegaze everytime. Thanks Radhi. That would've been cool though huh? ;)

So, I was out driving today. I get stopped by a redlight, at a street named Seagaze. I was driving along the coast so this is a fitting name. I glanced up at the street sign 3 different times and read it as Shoegaze everytime. Thanks Radhi. That would've been cool though huh? ;)

:laughing: I read your sentence thrice meself thinking "wow, that sounds an awful lot like 'shoegaze' "