So much more than Random Thoughts

_Laurie_

My daughter calls me up and says "Mom, have you listened to the recording Papa made on your answering machine?"....I said "no, why?"....she said "Um, I think you better re-do it"... :crazy:

Here it is:

"Hello you have reached #--- ----, (he said the number wrong the first time, and then got it right the second time). We can't come to the phone right now...If you would like to leave your name, and oh yeah, your number and ummmmm a brief message for George, that's me press #1...If you would like to leave a message for Greg and ummm my daughter in law( I think he forgot my name :crazy: ) press 2. Thank you and have a nice day" :doh:

My daughter calls me up and says "Mom, have you listened to the recording Papa made on your answering machine?"....I said "no, why?"....she said "Um, I think you better re-do it"... :crazy:

Here it is:

"Hello you have reached #--- ----, (he said the number wrong the first time, and then got it right the second time). We can't come to the phone right now...If you would like to leave your name, and oh yeah, your number and ummmmm a brief message for George, that's me press #1...If you would like to leave a message for Greg and ummm my daughter in law( I think he forgot my name :crazy: ) press 2. Thank you and have a nice day" :doh:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Laurie, you always make me laugh... :bow: :bow: :bow: maybe we should write sitcom scripts...? :grin:

Concerned about how the West is seeing the Iranian election disruptions . I've met a bunch of Iranian exiles who are rich as god , skipped the country under the Shah , and would love to go back and take their place . They are a bunch of pri*ks ! Hope that doesn't happen .

N. Korea's strong new threat:

North Korea accuses the U.S. of provoking another war and warns it will wipe America off the map.

This concerns me Kevin. I hate war. I hate threats of it. I'll never understand it (unless it saves more life's then it takes) and the thought of it just depresses me.

That little headline was the first thing I read this morning :puppyeyes:

N. Korea's strong new threat:

North Korea accuses the U.S. of provoking another war and warns it will wipe America off the map.

This concerns me Kevin. I hate war. I hate threats of it. I'll never understand it (unless it saves more life's then it takes) and the thought of it just depresses me.

That little headline was the first thing I read this morning :puppyeyes:

they wouldn't do that - even now North Korea doesn't even have the backing of their old buddies Russia and China anymore...

what they're actually trying to do is threatening / blackmailing in order to get some sort of international aid (for food and money eg)

btw, as far as the nuclear weapons from NK go - the far greater threat is not that they would use them themselves, but rather that they would sell them to somebody...

and who would like to buy nuclear weapons because they can't develop them alone?

hint: it's not a country

:P

I'm admitting to my guilty pleasure of "So You Think You Can Dance," and tonight The Veronicas played their new song "Take Me On The Floor." I'd never heard them before, and I found them really unique - the music and the vocals.

The words are a bit disturbing to an old duddy like me - and the official video is even more disturbing - but I liked the music enough to get past that.

Anyway, anyone else ever hear of them? like 'em or hate 'em?

guess not. :crazy:

This is what's in the Daily Top 10 at the moment:

#1 Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

#2 Beat It - Michael Jackson

#3 Thriller - Michael Jackson

#4 Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson

#5 Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson

#6 Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

#7 Bad - Michael Jackson

#8 Human Nature - Michael Jackson

#9 Ben - Michael Jackson

#10 Black Or White - Michael Jackson

This is what's in the Daily Top 10 at the moment:

#1 Billie Jean - Michael Jackson

#2 Beat It - Michael Jackson

#3 Thriller - Michael Jackson

#4 Smooth Criminal - Michael Jackson

#5 Man In The Mirror - Michael Jackson

#6 Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough - Michael Jackson

#7 Bad - Michael Jackson

#8 Human Nature - Michael Jackson

#9 Ben - Michael Jackson

#10 Black Or White - Michael Jackson

I heard all of those songs at least 2-3 times each today.