Announcements

edna

• 2 weeks later...

I'm headed out to go see the annual main event of our little town each year...The Wild Water Derby Race...Wooohoooo...every year a bunch of drunken fools have a raft race..with homemade rafts, canoes, kayaks..etc...and not exactly a raging river they are in, it's basically a creek.... :D ...but it's something to do...there is going to be music, and food there also...so I guess it will get me out of the house for awhile...see ya all later.....

Thanks Marcus!....beautiful day we had today, and now the clouds are coming in and we are getting some rain...but most of the day was great...warm and sunny....It was fun watching the derby...and then we got something to eat, and listened to the band play....And S2V...don't worry these backwoods kayakers aren't in very deep or dangerous waters, believe me...its a creek.... :D

It's also funny watching their friends trying to throw them beers while sailing by....Sometimes their judgement on throwing distance comes up a little short...and the people on the kayaks get ticked....funny stuff...it was a good day......

Edited by Guest

I'm not a catholic....so I wouldn't know!! It's a free worship church that I go to, so we sing dance clap scream shout whatever goes really!!

you should try attending a service in the U.S. deep South some day. Sounds like it's right up your alley! They always appear to be having so much fun. :)

Most likely you were simply distracted by that strange stranger offering you just-baked brownies . . .

THEN, you bit into one and said:

OMG!!!

Since then, it's anyone's guess, yours included.

:D

I never saw it that way... :P but now that you mention it... :cool:

I'm going into hospital on Wednesday to have my tonsils removed. The mess that this year has turned into keeps rolling on....

SO, it is a minor operation, my anesthetist tells me that the only issue is the pain, post operation. But that will be handled by the five prescription medications I have to take, plus mouth gargles! Apparently all those pills will reduce the pain to a dull ache. I'll be in hospital overnight, and off work for a further fortnight. I may be away from Songfacts for a few days, may be not, depending on how I feel.

Just wanted to let you all know, because last time I disappeared you had to track me down, and I thought I'd make it easier this time :grin:

that is exactly right martin! so after the first two days or so, I'll be bored out of my brain and probably spending hours on here, annoying everyone with my 'ramones are awesome because..." or "kiss gets bagged too much..." posts.

and radhi, in the hospital you have to eat before they'll let you go home and my friend who had her tonsils out said they gave her a boiled egg and toast! yuck, I hate eggs.