Announcements

edna

Hate to make it sounds like it's one and the same, but when you live in South Africa you don't go a day without it being drilled into your head how people suffered (and apparently are still suffering even though they weren't even born at the time...) of the horrors of Apartheid & slavery. Now, I have never had my own slave (neither has anyone I have even known) or made someone show me their travel papers before (neither has anyone I have even known) but I am constantly made to feel guilty (and punished) for the fact that years & years ago - it happened.

For a country of people who are always drilling it into our heads we need to think of the future, everyone working together hand in hand, but they seem to be living in the past & working hard on building resentment between people.

Isn't it more important to know about the past, learn from its mistakes, ensure they never happen again AND LIVE IN THE NOW???

:soapbox:

I term this "snuggling against past horror." If one snuggles there long enough, there is a distinct possibility of becoming completely overgrown with tentacles from the oppressors and the oppressed. In essence, bound to, glued on to something that no longer actually exists, but in one's mind; and ripping away to become truly independent of that past can be agonizingly painful. I once wrote: "Slavery, for all its infamy, there are some comforts among those dark, hot chains."

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ; lets make this short and sweet .

I need a valentine today to pledge eternal love and all that crap to . Wife's on night duty so she has FAILED . Just leave your name and favorite Stone's song , and I'll get back to you ... maybe . I'm all into affairs /one night stands , and treating you like dirt tomorrow-or now - to get it over with , if you prefer . I also enjoy fishing -conceptually - and vicious wordplay.

Oh, I also get banned a lot , so even if I think you may be hot ,I may not be able to respond because of the facist moderators who sit and pick toe-jam and look for my posts only -on Shawna's orders (even more so since she got engaged , poor guy ) ,I now think -or more likely TP's -but now I work at a university as well and wanna kill myself too sometimes , so touche madame .

Also , Rahdhi loves my arse off , but I broke her heart way too many times , so ....well ...just so you should know .Carrol ...is too young for me , and I feel sorry for Bluesboy with the Altzheimers and all , so I'll let him be . Laurie is just a loon -keep my distance . Jenny is way too 'nice' , and Lizard cheats the Catholic church and I now suspect has a wicked crack habit , and Pinkstones and I would end up in a some kinda kinky Yankees murder-suicide. Crazy Don , cleverly and consistantly pretends I don't exist .Well done , Don . :coolio: (Yes ,I am Santa , since I sense you may be wondering -your wife/1st cousin is lying ! ) .

RJ is a guy , so thats not gonna work , and Sammy is just a jerk . Phil and Joe like the 3 Stooges still -say no more ,and Rayz is into Manitoba's 'wild ' . ;) Carl is a dictator , and so are all the people from California , so they are out . Fin is just too flat out wishy -washy .Rocky is a power -mad usurper who would take a commish job faster than your whore of a sister . I respect that though , as he too loves the power to potentially expel 'undesirables ' from any sports league he is running . :thumbsup:

Farin is ...well ... German , and my dad told me 'never to trust those guys again ' , and Steel is ...well ..just too damn far away and would likely put me in tears with a verse -so F**k him . :D

Just why CanAM was seen whistling 'I will always Love you ' outside the Beverly Hilton early Sunday morning is between him and the guy who he claims he was waiting to open his doughnut shop. The Packers cant win every year , and he will likely die in a puddle of Alberta tar quicksand .

Mr. President ...Mr. Obama , sir ..er ..ok Barak ( though why he goes by Calvert199 is anyones guess ) . A pleasure to see you here ,too . You will be re-elected , but the chicken guts say you will declare an emperorship and overthrow the constitution ,deport everyone back to 10 generations , and go mad witht the 'football ' .... :D Just sh*tting , ya . lol . You GO , girl ! :)

Hmm , so whoever is left ....call me . Ken still around ? :)

Edna ,honey , I think that just leaves you ... :D

Thank you for your attention ,

-Kevin

Rocky is a power -mad usurper who would take a commish job faster than your whore of a sister . I respect that though , as he too loves the power to potentially expel 'undesirables ' from any sports league he is running .

You left a power vacuum and I took over.

YOU'LL NEVER GET THE LEAGUES BACK THEY'RE MINE FOREVER AND YOU CAN'T HAVE THEM.

and Steel is ...well ..just too damn far away and would likely put me in tears with a verse -so F**k him . :D

-Kevin

Yeah, I once started a poem about you, Kevin. But got stuck trying to come up with a rhyme for "pitiful."

Sittingbull, maybe?

(Would hope that would not, however, inhibit my chances to qualify as a one-night valentine.)

Yeah, I once started a poem about you, Kevin. But got stuck trying to come up with a rhyme for "pitiful."

Sittingbull, maybe? quote]

As a longtime patron of the arts ,Im gonna patronize you ,Steel , and encourage any poem that is about me . That's the kinda guy I am . You and Sammy have had enough failure in your lives , and I don't want you to blow this final chance for a bit of redemption , or have to read yet another OMG blog about another Hemmingway wanna-be doing himself in . :)

BTW ; you are def. Valentine potential - the front runner currently ,infact ,unfortunately . :cool:

Edited by Guest