Announcements

edna

Scouser = native of Liverpool with very distinctive regional accent / dialect and characterised by an assortment of stereotypes of appearance and behaviour: permed hair, moustachioed, shell-suit-wearing, unemployed/work-shy, scroungers and thieves. (Propensity for ignorance and mindless violence: optional)

Examples of scouser jokes:

Q. If you see a Scouser on a bicycle, why should you never swerve to hit him?

A: It might be your bicycle

Q: What do you call a Scouser in a suit?

A: The accused

Q: Why does the River Mersey run through Liverpool?

A: Because if it walked it would be mugged.

Q: What do you call a Scouser in a three-bed semi?

A: A burglar.

Q: What do you say to a scouser in a uniform?

A: Big Mac and fries please.

Q: What's the first question at a Liverpool pub quiz night ?

A: What are you looking at?

Q: What do you call a scouser in a white Shellsuit ?

A: The Bride

At the end of a tiny deserted bar is a huge scouse bloke - 6ft 5in tall and 350lbs. He's having a few beers when a short, well dressed and obviously gay man walks in and sits beside him. After 3 or 4 beers, the gay fella finally plucks up the courage to say something to the big Liverpudlian.

Leaning over, he cups his huge ear: "Do you want a blow job?" he whispers. At this, the massive Merseysider leaps up with fire in his eyes and smacks the man in the face. Knocking him off the stool, he proceeds to beat him all the way out of the bar. Finally he leaves him, badly bruised, in the car park and returns to his seat as if nothing had happened.

Amazed the bartender quickly brings over another beer. "I've never seen you react like that" he says.

"Just what did he say to you?"

"I'm not sure" the big scouser replies.

"Something about a job."

2 Scousers are riding along the M62 from Manchester to Liverpool on a motorbike. They break down and start hitching a lift. A friendly trucker stops to see if he can help and the scousers ask him for a lift. He tells them he has no room in the wagon as he is carrying 20,000 bowling balls but will take a look at the bike for them. He tries everything he knows but is unable to repair it.

Time is getting on now and he's late for his delivery so he tells the scousers he has to leave.

"R hey lad" they say "gissa lift".

The trucker once again explains that he has no room as he is carrying 20,000 bowling balls. The scousers put it to the driver that if they can manage to fit in the back will he take them and he agrees. They manage to squeeze themselves and their motorbike into the back of the wagon so the driver shuts the doors and gets off on his way. By this time he is really late and so puts his foot down. Sure enough PC Plod of Greater Manchester Police pulls him up for speeding. The good officer asks the driver what he is carrying to which he replies Scouse Eggs. The policeman obviously doesn't believe this so wants to take a look. He opens the back door and quickly shuts it and locks it.

He gets onto his radio and calls for immediate backup from as many officers as possible. The dispatcher asks what emergency he has that requires so many officers.

"I've got a wagon with 20,000 Scouse eggs in it - 2 have already hatched and the b*****ds have managed to nick a motorbike already".

The bartender was washing his glasses, when an elderly Irishman came in. With great difficulty, the Irishman hoisted his bad leg over the barstool, pulled himself up painfully, and asked for a sip of Irish whiskey. The Irishman looked down the bar and said, "Is that Jesus down there?" The bartender nodded,so the Irishman told him to give Jesus an Irish whiskey,too.

The next patron to come in was an ailing Italian with a hunched back,who moved very slowly. He shuffled up to the barstool and asked for a glass

of Chianti. He also looked down the bar and asked if that was Jesus sitting at the end of the bar. The bartender nodded, so the Italian said to give

Him a glass of Chianti, too.

The third patron to enter the bar was a Scouser,who swaggered into the bar and yelled, "Barkeeper, giv us a lager der la! Hey, is dat God's Boy down dere?" The barkeeper nodded, so the Scouser told him to give Jesus a lager, too.

As Jesus got up to leave,he walked over to the Irishman and touched him and said, "For your kindness,you are healed!" The Irishman felt the strength comeback to his leg, so he got up and danced a jig out the door.

Jesus touched the Italian and said, "For your kindness, you are healed!" The Italian felt his back straighten, so he raised his hands above his head and did a flip out the door.

Jesus walked towards the Scouser, but the Scouser jumped back yelling, "F*** off, you, I'll lose my disability benefit!"

Q. Why did the Scouse girl cross the road?

A. To start a fight with a complete stranger for no reason whatsoever.

Q. Two Scouse kids in a car without any music - who is driving?

A. The policeman.

Q. What's the difference between a Scouse boy and an Scouse girl?

A. A Scouse girl has a higher sperm count.

A man walks into a shop in Liverpool and says to the shop assistant, "Can I have a pair of tights for my wife?". The shop assistant replies "Certainly Sir, what size head are you?"

What's long, scouse, and goes around corners?

The Dole queue.

etc, etc.

Now that he's Lucky's daughter's ex, it can be open season for scouse-baiting. ;):D

I just got done interviewing Darryl Worley, big-time country star. And he tweeted about it. :laughing:

"I just got through talking to Song Facts.com. Should be a great story. I'll let y'all know when you can go check it out." ~ from Twitter/Darryl Worley

He was very entertaining, to say the least. :grin:

I used to have "country prejudice" until I started working at a country station and discovered that branch of the music tree has as high a percentage of exceptional musicians and writers as any other genre represented. In the late 90's, as pop became more techno and rock more metallic, country sort of filtered into the niche previously held by mainstream rock. Acts like Garth Brooks and the Dixie Chicks were the new David Lee Roth and the new Bangles.