Announcements

edna

Hi guys...

My Dad passed away last night, I was able to be with him when he did go...that was very hard for me, but he's at peace now, and with my Mom...I know you guys have been there for me through really tough times, and I appreciate that so much...all of you are a wonderful support for me...I just wanted to let you all know that...

Laurie, your post validates the communal nature of this site. Reading this saddened me. I wondered, "Why? I don't know this man." The answer lies in knowing and appreciating how his daughter presents herself and her relationship with her father to others here. We feel we know you, Laurie. When that pang of saddness hits each SFer to be so effected, we absorb a bit of your pain, thereby reducing the load you must carry. No different than a family or close community.

Tim, write home often .... and to your parents, as well. ;)

Laurie, Ron just explained it so well... thank you, Ron. Laurie, you know we love you and we´ll be here to share your pain.

I´m very sorry, I understand how much your dad loved your mom... it´s touching... she died less than a couple of years ago, now he follows.

I know your daughters will be of great help.

A huge kiss for you and all my friendship.

I just realised there´s a line below my sig... "Originally registered September 2004".

Thank you Fin and Joe... you were the only ones who knew... ;) I love you.

I love you very much, my friends. All of you. It´s a bit of a shock tonight, Laurie´s dad, the plane that crashed... thank you, we´re a family.

Laurie, what can I say but to echo everyone else? You know that you and your family are in my prayers and thoughts. I know that you are strong, and will find the strength to carry you through. I hope that the support of your friends here can make it a bit easier for you in some way.

Sorry to hear your dad passed away, Laurie. You can take comfort in knowing you did everything you could to help your dad out and that you were there till the end. I will tell you what I tell everyone that loses a dear one.....remember the good times. As long as you keep your dad in your heart, he is not gone.

Marc

Thanks so much for all your thoughts, prayers, and kind words, that is just soooo thoughtful..You guys mean a lot to me...you really are great for the support I needed....

S2V...Thank you..You are so right about having our hearts go out to each other here.....Your post brought tears to my eyes...but in a good way...

I guess I should get some sleep now, thanks again, I love you all....

I thought I would write a little something about my Dad to let you guys know what kind of guy he was...I'm mainly writing this because, well it just makes me feel better. I'm not good at writing this kind of stuff, but I'll do my best...

Dad came from a family of 9 kids, all born at home, which was pretty common during those times...He was the only child out of 9 kids that was left handed, so his brothers gave him the nickname "Lefty" which stuck with him the rest of his life...He grew up in the same town I did..a small town, and everyone knew him as "Lefty"...Heck I didn't even know his real name until I was ten years old! :P ... He use to play in a traveling baseball league and that's how he met my Mom...she use to watch them play when they came to her town...They married and then had us girls. Dad spoiled us rotten that's for sure. Whenever we had a problem or got into any trouble, we would go to Dad...His response usually would be "Oh boy, better not let your mother find out!"...which he was right, she was the one you had to be scared of! :crazy: :D . He was an avid Yankee fan, which most of the oldtimers were...He would try not to miss any games on tv, and when they were losing, he would swear in Italian at the tv and threaten to turn it off, but he never did... :D...He spoiled my Mom also..She became very ill and he did his best to try to convince her to go to the hospital...she was stubborn about that and refused to go. Everyday he would go up and down those stairs in their house to take care of her...Even though he could barely walk him self, he didn't care, all that mattered was getting Mom to feel better..but unlike him she didn't have that will to live...He tried for the longest time and then realized he would start respecting her wishes and not pressure her anymore...She worked as a nurse's aid in her younger years...she knew she would be poked with needles and have tubes hooked up to her, she didn't want that..she wanted to be left alone basically which he finally came to terms with that...Not too long after that, Dad became ill. He had two strokes, and a heart attack, pneumonia, and no matter what challenges he had to face, he was tough, and had an amazing will to live..even the doctors were amazed that all he's been through, he came through it okay. The pneumonia is what finally got to him, and he just couldn't fight anymore. His age of 83 was going against him, along with his body not getting enough oxygen...The nurse called us and said that we should come and see him soon, so me and my sister did just that...I held his hand and told him I loved him...right then he gave my hand a good hard squeeze for about a minute or so, and then he let go...He's at peace now and with my Mom...I'm going to miss him so much, but he'll always be in my heart forever...

Love you Dad...

I loved that part where your dad sweared in Italian... :laughing: that mmakes him so alive... and it´s such a tender image. Not to talk about how he spoilt his girls, cared for your mom and how he felt somehow his mission was accomplished and he should let go...

His life was full of love, he was a happy man, Laurie... :)

The Announces thread has been swallowed by the forum crash from yesterday.

Has anyody seen it? :shades:

I think the "What Grinds Your Gears" has gone too.

And the one about reading... :stars:

Oh, I just saw we have a thread about this... http://forum.songfacts.com/showtopic.php?tid/145289/

Well, let´s hope everything comes back to normal soon, my friends... :)

:grin: My sister decided to close her business. I've been working there since she opened it 12 years ago, and it's been increasingly difficult for me with the other demands on my time of late. And for the past week we've been having crazy garage-sale-nightmare people coming to our close-out sale, and packing up, cleaning up, and relocating stuff took a lot of hard work, but yesterday we finished.

So while it's a sad thing that it's closed now, it's also a good thing because now I can devote more time to school... and Songfacts. :grin: