Announcements

edna

Happy birthday woman!!!! Hey, I've got a cockroach for you if you want a free meal somewhere...

That'd be the first cockroach I ever saw that'd provide a free meal, even though it's been proven that the ultimate insect (cockroach) can actually feed on itself for three months without expiring and without any outside source, such as . . .

Birthday cake!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain . . .

:P

Happy Birthday Chris!!

Also, to Lucky, Bluesy, Marc, Shawna's folks and all other California SF'ers, wanted to say that thoughts from Australia are with you. Every summer we suffer from terrible, terrible bushfires, so I can fully understand the magnitude of the disaster unfolding around you.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

Happy birthday, Chris! I remember twenty....It was a good year, but seemed to last a looooong time. I was waiting for 21!

My 12/12 shifts have been cancelled after only three days, which is nice. We had a little bit of excitement yesterday when same little bastard started a fire in the paseo at the end of our block. It started to catch the trees and brush in the area right next to a house. The wind was quite strong and blew embers down the street. A fire department helicopter made quick work of the flames with a water drop, and there were hand crews there for some time making sure that the fire did not start back up. Everyone at my house, including me, was not home at the time, but I did hear everything on my radio at work. I have to say I did not like hearing about a fire in my neighborhood on the radio when I was so far away and could do nothing.