Nick Kamen - I Promised Myself (2003 Remix)

cutestuff

=:P well.. :help:

I heard it on the radio about a week ago and I remembered a part of the lyrics. Looked it up on Google, did a search on the Internet for the song and many people had it. Unfortunately I forgot the song's name now, even though I really want to hear it. I assume it's quite popular, so here it goes:

If I remember correctly it's starts with an acoustic guitar piece and continues with a techno/dance type of style. I had difficulty placing it in a genre. The vocals are male and the whole thing sounds quite energetic. Gave me a bit of a summer feel. So does this ring a bell for anyone? A dance song with a small guitar part in it...

I don't think it's too old, but it's probably not in the current Top 40 either. I only heard it on the radio once and never heard it before. But it sounded catchy as hell!

Edited by Guest

Hi Sara,

No I don't remember a snippet. I used to a week ago. That's how I found out who the song was by (searched it on Google and found some lyrics pages).

Maybe it would help if I said it has a bit of a Tiesto - Love Comes Again touch. A bit. Especially the vocals. Not the whole trance beat thing.

If everything else fails, I'll just keep my ears open and listen to the radio.

Maybe Justin Timerlake's "Like I Love You". It has a small acoustic guitar part at the beginning and repeating throughout. Since you said it was Top 40 and fairly recent, that' my guess

Otherwise, without any lyrics, don't know

Oddly, this song sounds quite like a song I'm looking for that I have a post about on this board. I've only heard part of it, but it really sounded like "summer", if you know what I mean...which I think you do cause you mentioned that also. If I ever seem to find it, I'll be sure to post it on here for you. Good Luck! ::

The worst thing is, I know it's really popular. I did a search for it on the Net after I heard it and it gave back so many hits. I've looked through about 50 charts but didn't recognize it on there. If I remember correctly the artist's name was just that: a name (first name, last name). The song was about four words long.

Never stop looking :)

cutestuff, did you try checking your internet history, or going back to google and typing in any random letter so that a list of what you've previously searched on google that begins with the same letter would appear? i'm sure this is a pretty obvious solution that you've already tried but i would have felt bad not posting it because what if you hadn't. good luck!! :headphones:

cutestuff, did you try checking your internet history, or going back to google and typing in any random letter so that a list of what you've previously searched on google that begins with the same letter would appear? i'm sure this is a pretty obvious solution that you've already tried but i would have felt bad not posting it because what if you hadn't. good luck!! :headphones:

I actually tried that. But I erased my Internet history before that, so it didn't help. HOWEVER...,

I found the song! Heard it on the radio again yesterday. The original is released somewhere in the begin '90s, but they've released a remix of the song:

Nick Kamen - I Promised Myself (2003 Remix)

You might want to check it out yourself. Never know if you like it :coolio:

Also found a musicvideo here of a 2004 Remix (???) yeah many remixes hehe: http://www.digidance.cc/lib/4247e28f4842a0294dc8f57aedb274ef/tracks/NickKamen%20-%20IPromisedMyself2004.wmv