Ben Taylor in Eugene, Oregon

babyteen

My friend, Kate and I went and saw Ben Taylor on 11/6/2006 at the Wow Hall in Eugene, Oregon, , and I've got to tell you, he's awesome! He's incredible! When I was in the audience, while there were slight applause, I shouted out from the back row, "I Love You Ben!". Ben smiled and said, "I love you Too! Does that mean I've gotta buy you a house?" That certainly generated a good laugh from the audience. I smiled and said, "No no no, Ben, you don't have to buy me

a house!" To be honest with you, the whole audience cracked up! I even asked Sonya Kitchell if she was from Scotland. If any of you are wondering who Sonya Kitchell is, she's one of Ben Taylor's best friends. So is David Saw. They are both up and coming singer/songwriters, who frequently perform with Ben Taylor. The quote I said was, "Hey sonya! Are you from Scotland?" Sonya said, "I could be from Scotland if you

want me to." That even got a good laugh from the audience members as well. As a matter of fact, I actually got the chance to talk to Ben! At the end of the concert, while in the lobby, I walked over to him and said, "Pleased to meet you, I'm Annabelle." And then Ben smiled and said, "Hi Annabelle, nice to meet you." Then I said, "And what's your name?" Ben smiled and said, "I'm Ben." And I said, "Ben ... Ben ... Ben?" Then he smiled and said, "Ben taylor, yeah." Then I looked at him and said, "Hey, you're James Taylor's son! Ah." Then Ben said, "Yeah, that's right, I'm his son. Come here, let me give you

a hug." Then Ben and I embraced each other in a tight hugg. I started off our nice conversation by telling him, "I have been a fan of yours and your father's for quite a long time." Ben said, "Yeah?" Then I said, "I was introduced to your father's music when I was three." Then Ben said, "Uh Huh?" Then I said,

"And I was introduced to your music, ten years later when I was living with my Dad in Baltimore." Then Ben smiled and said, "Oh Wow, how 'bout that!" And when we talked to

each other, he seemed like he was quite a nice guy! To be 100% honest with you, he didn't say profanity, not even one, teensy weensy piece of profanity, and on top of that, he didn't even call me any names that would offend me. When I asked him about his recording of the song, "I Will", I said, "And speaking of

recordings and music, there's this one song that I have been fond of for quite some time. I have one of the versions ... Remember that song, "I Will"?" And he said, "Yeah, it's a Beatles song, yeah." When I pulled out my little digital recorder full of music, I said, "I have this digital recorder right here. Some people think it looks like a cell phone!" We both laughed, then he held out his hand for me to show him. Then I went and played him an example of the version from the soundtrack of "Bye Bye Love". He smiled and said, "Oh, wow, I'd forgotten all about that song. But I still remember it." I don't know exactly what he meant when he said that he'd forgotten about that song, but he still remembers it. Then I played him the longer version, and I said, "You notice how the guitar is different on this recording? But the melody you sing is exactly the same as the other version?" Then Ben said, "You know what they might've done? They might've done a separate mix of it, but it was derived from the same recording." I asked him a little more about the longer version of the recording, in other words, the one that's played on the music video. I said to him, "Where would I begin to find it, because, to tell you the truth, Ben, I have literally been pulling my hair out for months, trying to find this recording." Then Ben said to me, "No no no, you don't wanna do

that, that's no good. You wouldn't wanna pull your hair out. You're too pretty, sweet girl." Then I asked him some more about the longer version of the recording of "I Will", and he told me that that recording and the recording from the soundtrack of "Bye Bye Love" could've possibly been taken from the

same recording. I asked him, "How could they have possibly been two mixes of the same recording if you played guitar, and the guitar arrangement was different on both versions, but the melody you sing is exactly the same?" He said, "You know what, another possibility was that you might have gotten the original demo recording that I did with my Old Man in New Mexico." I still wonder who he's calling, his "Old Man". I asked him how that could've been a demo recording, as demos are usually rough versions, and that one, if it

were in CD-quality, would've sounded like you were actually in the recording studio when he recorded it. I even said to him, "I want to know, how could it have been the demo version, when that longer version was in fact the one I heard on the radio the first time I heard your recording?" I asked Ben where I could

find a CD-quality recording of the longer version, and he told me that the only way I could possibly find it is to keep searching. At the end of the night, I shared with him a little song that I wrote for James and Livingston Taylor, entitled "Two Loving Brothers Bond", and he said to me, "Oh, that's beautiful. You have a lovely voice." And I smiled and said, "Thank you, Ben!" And we embraced each other once more. Then I wanted to give him my Email Address and phone number.

And he said, "To be honest with you, the only Email I have is on Myspace." The thing I was shocked to hear him say was, "To be honest with you, I don't even have a phone!" Then I said, "You don't have a phone? How are you gonna be able to talk to me?" Then he told me that Email Via Myspace is the only way I could contact him. But he reassured me that the longer version of his recording of "I Will" is out there somewhere, I just have to keep looking and

searching and searching. He even said that he loves the song I wrote for his Papa James and Uncle Liv. As we finished off our conversation, he said, "I love that song that you wrote about my family." Then I smiled at him and said, "Aw Yeah, I love them Taylors! You guys are Golden Taylors, Ben." Then ben said, "Aw, thanks a lot, Love." Then I said, "You're Welcome." As Kate and I started to leave, I said, "I love you Ben." He said, "I love you too." Then I said,

"Bye." Then, as he was walking away, he smiled and said, "Bye Bye, Love."