The Songfactor's Choice Top Ten #81

Lucky

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to broaden musical horizons. I realize country music is as poisonous on this site as hip hop, but there are some very musically accomplished talent in the country genre.

Here is the song that arguably gave the strongest impetus to the country line dance craze of the 90's and was the Country Song of the Year in 1991, by the perennial CMA duet award winners who wrote it:

Boot Scootin Boogie - Brooks and Dunn 1991

This artist has successfully crossed over to pop and packs venues wherever she appears. Here's her 1998 Song of the Year:

You're Still The One - Shania Twain 1998

Time to broaden musical horizons. I realize country music is as poisonous on this site as hip hop, but there are some very musically accomplished talent in the country genre.

Here is the song that arguably gave the strongest impetus to the country line dance craze of the 90's and was the Country Song of the Year in 1991, by the perennial CMA duet award winners who wrote it:

Boot Scootin Boogie - Brooks and Dunn 1991

This artist has successfully crossed over to pop and packs venues wherever she appears. Here's her 1998 Song of the Year:

You're Still The One - Shania Twain 1998

Well,I admire your guts for making those nominations. Brooks and Dunn have many,many hits to their credit and Shania Twain did bring fans into country music who didn't listen to it before. I have always listened to some country music. Grew up listening to George Jones,Patsy Cline,Willie Nelson,Johnny Cash and others. I still listen to those artists and some of the newer artists too like Martina McBride,who may have the best pipes in music today,and Little Big Town,who remind me of Fleetwood Mac in their vocals. There has always been good music in country. I doubt if your nom's wil make it in,but I sure admire you for making them.

Well,I admire your guts for making those nominations. Brooks and Dunn have many,many hits to their credit and Shania Twain did bring fans into country music who didn't listen to it before. I have always listened to some country music. Grew up listening to George Jones,Patsy Cline,Willie Nelson,Johnny Cash and others. I still listen to those artists and some of the newer artists too like Martina McBride,who may have the best pipes in music today,and Little Big Town,who remind me of Fleetwood Mac in their vocals. There has always been good music in country. I doubt if your nom's wil make it in,but I sure admire you for making them.

Amen to all of the above statements and both the posters!! :bow: :bow:

10 bucks says your country nominations get more votes than my Rush nomination, and probably my Radiohead too. I'll probably vote for Brooks and Dunn. Shania Twain I'd rather just look at.

There's some good nominations ! I was going to stick around and have a vote this week, but the Grandkids arrive on Thursday, so I mightn't get the chance.

Bye for now All ! Thanks for all of those who've been my friends for the past nearly 3 years, and especially for your prayers and positive thoughts when I had my surgery a year ago. No PTs please, because I won't be around to read them.

I have a few email buddies and I hope they'll continue to correspond with me. *

Thanks to all of the Team Members whom I've worked with in that time.

* And of course anybody else who'd like to say 'G'day'.

:):):)

Sammy is back! Sorry, all. I went on vacation to the great state of New England, and I had to rush out on Wednesday and forgot to make my picks for last week's Ten. However, I am back and I am nominating two easy listening tunes this week...one by UncleJoe's personal hero - AND the idol of countless gay teenage boys all around the world - the great Barry Manilow.

"Weekend In New England" - Barry Manilow (1976)

"Please Come To Boston" - Dave Loggins (1974)

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :rockon: :rockon: